1-3-2023 Tuesday Live Chat

I fought them for quite a bit. Told them i am no goofball. I work in the trades and really take my job and care seriously. They obviously did not. They tried to blame the ceiling on me somehow???? I for one, left my house open so they had access to a bathroom throughout the day and two...to inspect the house when done. I had debris all over my water heater and of course all over my couch and carpet after the section of sheetrock got busted out.
That just sucks. I always have someone home so we can eyeball the work as it goes.

Garnet, I sympathize! I had my house and garage reroofed two years ago, fixed the clothes dryer last year, and unclogged the bathroom sink last week!
Instead of the laundromat, however, I ordered the parts from Amazon with next-day delivery. Fortunately they had them in a local warehouse.
Hi Chuck! How goes it? Dug out of all the snow again?

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
That just sucks. I always have someone home so we can eyeball the work as it goes.
I didn't have the option to be there as had to work and nobody was around to be there while it was going on. Though, it would've been a headache for them to be there while the roof was torn off and hammered back together.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
The most impressive clean up job I ever saw ;
We were painting a high school basketball gym. Big boy 5A school.
For whatever reason we would not be done with the paint work until noon on Friday.

There was no way we could clean the place up and remove our equipment before the Friday night basketball game.

Called two guys that had a institutional cleaning company. We had worked with them in the past and they could put 20 guys on a job if need be.

Son of a gun they brought in about 15 people and that place was immaculate in 5 hours.
I don't remember if the Griffith High School Panthers won that game . But that place was sparkling !

Hey, Paint. I just heard the other night the South Shore Train is expanding up there? Is this so? Or is it Amtrack? I just heard about new rails coming through up there including through Lake Station.

Reactions: Paintman
Hi to you as well Paintman. Hope you took advantage of the warm spell today.
I chopped firewood for the first time since March 28th 2 years ago. Didn't do too bad but I got to build myself up and gett in shape.

I only remember that date because on the 30th I had the moderna covid shot and two days later was laid out with anemia for 4 and 1/2 months.

But today was a lot of fun even though it was foggy and damp I was in a T-shirt !

Reactions: Selectric
Hey, Paint. I just heard the other night the South Shore Train is expanding up there? Is this so? Or is it Amtrack? I just heard about new rails coming through up there including through Lake Station.
Last I heard it was the South Shore commuter train going to and from Chicago. They have a big increase in volume because if you have a job downtown you move to Northwest Indiana to avoid the taxes and crime.
We took the South Shore to White Sox games if we knew we were going to be drinking. It was okay until we had to transfer to the Brown Line.

Reactions: Debi