1-25-2022 Tuesday Live Chat

I like bleu cheese dressing, mayonnaise with black pepper, BBQ sauce, tartar sauce, spicy mustard, hot sauce or the fry sauce my friends in Utah introduced to me. Ironically, ketchup is my least favorite dipping sauce for fries.

Unfortunately, Steve, ketchup is one of the major ingredients in "Fry Sauce", lol.

My wife loves the stuff. I can take it or leave it.

I recall a "fry sauce" from a local restaurant (long out of business) that was essentially a cup of mayonnaise, with a dollop of barbeque sauce dropped in the middle. You would drag your fries through both when dipping.

It actually was pretty good, even though it's been at least a decade since I last tasted it, I have good memories of it and may try a variation at home one day.

Unfortunately, Steve, ketchup is one of the major ingredients in "Fry Sauce", lol.

My wife loves the stuff. I can take it or leave it.
Yes, but it's got enough other stuff in it to not taste like just ketchup. Kind of like how I wouldn't put ketchup on a corned beef sandwich, but it's a main ingredient in the Russian dressing I make for my Rubens.

Now I'm hungry!

Reactions: garnetsilver
It's just ketchup and mayonnaise. That's it!

Some try to substitute thousand-island dressing, but that's not the authentic stuff from the 60's. Real fry sauce has no chunks of pickle or anything else.

Has anyone made their own potato chips ? I have experimented with a deep fryer before. They came out quite good.
Yes. Home made chips or fries are a favorite for my kids. My son especially like them when I make steak au poivre so he can dip them in the au poivre sauce. I just fry things up in a pan though, I like having the ability to watch and wait for the perfect level of doneness when frying food.