1-21-2023 Saturday Live Chat

Good Saturday morning, all.

Comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) will pass to within 103 million miles (166 million km) of the sun on January 12th and could possibly brighten to sixth or even fifth magnitude – bright enough to glimpse with bare eyes – during the final week of January into early February.

The comet will pass to within 26 million miles (42 million km) of Earth on Feb. 2. If visible, it will climb progressively higher during the early evening hours in the north-northeast sky, passing within 10 degrees of Polaris, the North Star, on Jan. 30 and within 1.5 degrees of the brilliant winter star Capella on Feb. 5.

The comet might possibly display a sharp well-condensed coma and a notable dust tail in binoculars or small telescopes. We'll just have to wait and see.
---------------------------------
More about 2023 space events
I love seeing stuff like this…. I remember the awe of seeing a comet as a kid…. If I had to guess I’d say it was Hale Bopp in the 90s. I hate that I don’t have the time to watch meteorite showers like I used to.

Saw the bandanna and instantly thought of my buddy. Damn, i miss you man. Fish on my friend!
678e4fc7aaa08f19fc25cfb392304af9.jpg

I'm pretty sure there are a few $2 bills floating around in my sock drawer along with a $1 Silver Note. They're one of those things that's interesting to me but my kids don't care. I told them that they will inherit my collectable currency some day and their response was along the lines of "Ugh, do we have to?" I also have several pieces of 99.9% pure silver, both coins and bars, that I offered them and the reply was "Meh, we're good".

Good morning gang. The weather is turning colder. We have had on and off snow flurries. I am ready for sunshine and warmer weather. I am hoping to go to the cinema tonight. Idk what movie yet. It just seems like a good idea.