1-21-2021 Thursday Live Chat

For those who attended movie night last Saturday and especially for movie buffs in general, the short movie behind the scenes video is a good look at what it takes to produce movies.

40 minute video
I was favorably impressed at the quality production for such young people.

BORN ON THIS DAY:
Robert Weston Smith, known as Wolfman Jack (January 21, 1938 – July 1, 1995) was a disc jockey, famous for his gravely voice, he credited it for his success, saying, "It's kept meat and potatoes on the table for years for Wolfman and Wolfwoman." Smith created the character, Wolfman Jack and added his own sound effects. Smith's "Wolfman" persona "derived from his love of horror flicks and his shenanigans as a 'wolfman' with his two young nephews. The 'Jack' was added as a part of the 'hipster' lingo of the 1950s.

140057739_3603130363116491_7140728701321672105_n.jpeg

Paella.
I'm glad I bought extra groceries yesterday because I accidentally bought Mexican chorizo instead of Spanish chorizo. That was not going to work. So I used the andouille sausage that I was going to put in the soup that I did not make..... made three big containers of it !

The Mexican chorizo is going into tacos and I'm going to develop a Mexican omelette. I'll have a full report on your desk Monday morning about how that went.

Reactions: garnetsilver
The predominant flavors in Spanish chorizo are pimentos & garlic. Mexican chorizo is heavy on vinegar and Chili's. Andouille sausage is heavy on smoke and paprika.

( them's a lot of spices for all of my Nordic ancestry.)
kitchen-appliance-conquered-14-world-spices-puts-none-them-their-food-shef.jpeg

Reactions: garnetsilver