1-2-2019 Wednesday Live Chat Thread

Do you think he killed himself because he didn’t want to get worse ? Or as a result ?
His wife said that he did it because of it as it was getting worse. It's different from ALZ., but just as rotten a diagnosis.

His wife said that he did it because of it as it was getting worse. It's different from ALZ., but just as rotten a diagnosis.
Wow I learned something here. That is tragic. I hope there’s something that will slow it ?

Wow I learned something here. That is tragic. I hope there’s something that will slow it ?
Unfortunately, no. It comes with the disease sometimes. About 50% get it. She knows who and where she is, she knows us, but simple tasks can confound her. She was up all last night "cleaning" which turns out to be tearing the house apart. This after the leg deal. She was supposed to go to bed leg up...doctor orders. She got up, in her wheelchair, and commenced "cleaning". She can't process well at times. It tends to come and go and get worse under stress.

Aaand she had some heavy stress with the leg issue.

Unfortunately, no. It comes with the disease sometimes. About 50% get it. She knows who and where she is, she knows us, but simple tasks can confound her. She was up all last night "cleaning" which turns out to be tearing the house apart. This after the leg deal. She was supposed to go to bed leg up...doctor orders. She got up, in her wheelchair, and commenced "cleaning". She can't process well at times. It tends to come and go and get worse under stress.
Poor Gabe. God help him. This can not be easy for him.

Reactions: Debi
Well I think I may catch up on a few threads here then go to bed. All is pretty quiet here.

Reactions: Debi
Well I think I may catch up on a few threads here then go to bed. All is pretty quiet here.
Get some rest, Lynne. I plan on doing the same tonight. I've had little sleep in the last week, so tonight is catch up night!

Me as well, I have a book to finish and a review to write. Shazam all.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi