1-18-2023 Wednesday Live Chat

That is so fun! Have you met any actors?
havent met any top actors. they are usually in and out ...met some of the crews and security...lol.... saw chris evans last month on a filmimg.. its fun to watch.... cool when the cranes and lights and all are set up and filming starts.

havent met any top actors. they are usually in and out ...met some of the crews and security...lol.... saw chris evans last month on a filmimg.. its fun to watch.... cool when the cranes and lights and all are set up and filming starts.
You live in a magical place for sure.

Reactions: Selectric and Paulm
Giving a big shout out to Paintman. I tried making a Winter Veg soup last night. I didn't have a recipe or anything, just the brief description of it and a quick internet search for what is and isn't a Winter vegetable. It had chicken, rice, leeks, parsnips, kale and mustard greens seasoned with fresh chopped rosemary, thyme, kosher salt and lemon pepper. My son added some crushed red pepper because he wanted some more spicy heat. Based on feedback from the family it was really good for a first attempt and each had some suggestions for way to improve it for next time.

So thanks to Paintman I have a new soup being added to my repertoire of home made soups and stews!

Giving a big shout out to Paintman. I tried making a Winter Veg soup last night. I didn't have a recipe or anything, just the brief description of it and a quick internet search for what is and isn't a Winter vegetable. It had chicken, rice, leeks, parsnips, kale and mustard greens seasoned with fresh chopped rosemary, thyme, kosher salt and lemon pepper. My son added some crushed red pepper because he wanted some more spicy heat. Based on feedback from the family it was really good for a first attempt and each had some suggestions for way to improve it for next time.

So thanks to Paintman I have a new soup being added to my repertoire of home made soups and stews!
You and Paintman always make me hungry. Good morning Steve.

You live in a magical place for sure.
What is magical is what these film crews can do with a broken down strip mall...lol.... they were filming a winter scene for a movie a couple years ago. and it was in july...july in georgia is 98 degrees and sunny. they closed the road down brought in dead trees, lined the road and then had ice/snow machines turn the place into a winter wonderland. amazing really..... and funny that all the actors and extras was bundled up like it was alaska while everyone behind the scenes was in shoerts and t shirts and still sweating to death.....lol.... the actors could only stay in character for like 15 minutes at a time to avoid heat exhaustion....

What is magical is what these film crews can do with a broken down strip mall...lol.... they were filming a winter scene for a movie a couple years ago. and it was in july...july in georgia is 98 degrees and sunny. they closed the road down brought in dead trees, lined the road and then had ice/snow machines turn the place into a winter wonderland. amazing really..... and funny that all the actors and extras was bundled up like it was alaska while everyone behind the scenes was in shoerts and t shirts and still sweating to death.....lol.... the actors could only stay in character for like 15 minutes at a time to avoid heat exhaustion....
I wonder how they kept them from sweating lol. It's great that you can get close enough to see some of what's going on.

That's really awesome and glad you got to do that as a family project. I like the idea of leeks.

good to know, I am such a baby
Me too.
When I had anemia 2 summers ago I had to go to the eye doctor because for a few weeks I was seeing black spots. By the time of the appointment it cleared up but the eye doctor said it could be just floaters darkening with age or a part of anemia.
The good news was finding out that my macular degeneration is not age related. That means it's probably not going to get any worse. And it's barely detectable as is.
My dad and my grandpa both had age related mac degen and late in life they were blind and one eye and could not read.
That is a good one to Dodge.