1-17-2019 Thursday Live Chat Portal

B-2 Patch/Insignia Story:

I went black in the mid 80s, first classified program I was fully accessed into was what we now know as the B-2. Initially the program was classified code named "Senior Cejay", often cited as just "Senior CJ". One of the guys in the low observables group was apparently a very talented artist. He freehanded a patch/insignia that showed a stereotypical little Mexican guy wearing a sombrero and pancho, obviously taking a siesta, sitting under a cactus. His name was "Carlos Jesus", and there was a subdued design on his pancho that resembled the Greek letter "Sigma". Sigma was used by the low observable troops to quantify radar cross section, or stealthiness. So what we had was "Senor CJ" along with a symbol used to define stealth qualities. The cactus represented classified desert test sites. This became the unofficial program office insignia. I don't know if actual patches were ever made, but we certainly had the insignia on coffee mugs and plagues, and it was used on briefing slides.

By the time I left the program in the early 90s, it was off-white so my going away plague actually said "B-2 System Program Office". Ironically, in our "embrace diversity" world of today, that insignia would be bounced as offensive to Mexican-Americans.
THAT is a very cool story, Duke. Thanks for sharing that! It's the equivilant of a sigil in a way.

Cool Duke !
fc47aaa1a4d89aa25388a22e260bcb5d.jpg

I will let you guys know tomorrow what the show will be. I have to preview something in the morning and then I will let you all know what we're doing for sure.

Thanks for joining in tonight! I hope you guys are finding these shows as good as I am. Nice to have something decent to listen to.

I'm coming up on the end.Thumbs up to whoever found these hosts. Home run.

thanks for sharing that ,Duke!!!!!