1-16-2023 Monday Live Chat

*Trivia Time!

Why did Ian Fleming name the leading character in his spy novels James Bond?
a) bond means tying things together
b) his mother’s maiden name
c) his best friend’s name
d) the most boring name he could think of

d
Ian Fleming was a member of Royal Navy Intelligence in WWII, and was involved in some of the more imaginative intel efforts of the war. He played a big part in the UK's efforts to keep Spain neutral and Gibraltar safe.

Good morning all, well everyone in this hemisphere, at least.

I slept for 8 hours last night but am still exhausted, after a weekend of doing nothing. So not a lot of enthusiasm to get going this morning, lol. No MLK Day holiday for me. In fact we get no holidays from New Year's until Memorial Day. The long dry spell. Still raining when I went to work early this morning. We were told to expect it to turn to snow at lower elevations yesterday. It did for about an hour, then went back to rain. No snow accumulation on the ground in the valley, but quite a bit in the mountains, where it is needed. Constant overcast has kept me from looking at the sky.

I just learned that a fellow employee passed away last Friday, massive heart attack at home in his bathroom. He was only 55. Well, at least he is done working. RIP Brian.

On that cheery note, have a great day, my paranormal friends.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: garnetsilver
Good morning all, well everyone in this hemisphere, at least.

I slept for 8 hours last night but am still exhausted, after a weekend of doing nothing. So not a lot of enthusiasm to get going this morning, lol. No MLK Day holiday for me. In fact we get no holidays from New Year's until Memorial Day. The long dry spell. Still raining when I went to work early this morning. We were told to expect it to turn to snow at lower elevations yesterday. It did for about an hour, then went back to rain. No snow accumulation on the ground, but quite a bit in the mountains, where it is needed. Constant overcast has kept me from looking at the sky.

I just learned that a fellow employee passed away last Friday, massive heart attack at home in his bathroom. He was only 55. Well, at least he is done working. RIP Brian.

On that cheery note, have a great day, my paranormal friends.
So sorry to hear about your friend, GW.

It is damp, cold, and what my kid calls "fuggly" today. Supposed to stay rain so I'm OK with that rather than snow.

Update on granddaughter's kitty Baxter. He had a urinary blockage and crystal stones in bladder so he had surgery this morning and is doing well. Will be in vet hospital until Weds. at least. My son says this has cost more than a human surgery. He would do anything for his kids or animals, but he's decided he needs to take out pet insurance on his group of critters!

So sorry to hear about your friend, GW.
Thanks, Debi and Paul. He wasn't really a friend, but had been here a while and we would always exchange pleasantries in passing. What shocked me most was him being cut-down at only 55, nearly a decade younger than I. His job was very low-impact, from a physical standpoint. He was out of shape, big belly, but not morbidly obese.

I really need to stop complaining. I'm in pretty good shape for my age, none of my ailments are specifically geriatric diseases. I am counting my blessings at the moment.

Thanks, Debi and Paul. He wasn't really a friend, but had been here a while and we would always exchange pleasantries in passing. What shocked me most was him being cut-down at only 55, nearly a decade younger than I. His job was very low-impact, from a physical standpoint. He was out of shape, big belly, but not morbidly obese.

I really need to stop complaining. I'm in pretty good shape for my age, none of my ailments are specifically geriatric diseases. I am counting my blessings at the moment.
Good way to look at life, Chuck. We have the privilege of growing old while so many others do not. Somedays it's a real pain, but there is always some joy to be found.