1-14-2023 Saturday Live Chat

well, that is the story / legend....but the meteorite part is true... and the fact you cant grow them the same anywhere else. they just come out as plain onions everywhere else they are grown.
I will look at onions differently now. You are blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
My hubs used to grow some onions here and he had his onion plot filled with a sand/top soil mix. They seem to do best with that kind of drainage. But I'm betting the meteorite did something to that sand down there!

Reactions: Paulm
My hubs used to grow some onions here and he had his onion plot filled with a sand/top soil mix. They seem to do best with that kind of drainage. But I'm betting the meteorite did something to that sand down there!
the lower the sulfur content of the soil the sweeter the onion... for some reason vadalia soil has 12 % sugar also....which is abot 9 times higher than most soils anywhere else........ of course the savannah area ws nothing but rice and sugar fields for centuries...sooooo

the lower the sulfur content of the soil the sweeter the onion... for some reason vadalia soil has 12 % sugar also....which is abot 9 times higher than most soils anywhere else........ of course the savannah area ws nothing but rice and sugar fields for centuries...sooooo
Interesting info! Well, there's nothing like a nice slice of Vidalia onion on a burger! I'm gonna end up hungry again....sigh.

I never ate them as a kid but I like them now. Except I do not like them with cheese.

Reactions: Paulm
Debi, thanks for reminding me how much I enjoy Clyde Lewis !
Don't know who is hosting Coast tonight.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Interesting info! Well, there's nothing like a nice slice of Vidalia onion on a burger! I'm gonna end up hungry again....sigh.
deep fried "blooming onion"...with horse radish sauce....mmmmmmmm

Reactions: Paintman