1-14-2023 Saturday Live Chat

Found a good home for this girl today. She was one of my dad’s dogs. It was bittersweet, but I feel much better knowing she’ll have a good home.

B119EEBC-2879-4C05-B487-7F9E938D1D21.jpeg

Found a good home for this girl today. She was one of my dad’s dogs. It was bittersweet, but I feel much better knowing she’ll have a good home.

View attachment 45260
Aww, she's a doll. Rehoming is hard to do but if you found her a loving family you've done a good thing for her. Well done, Wolf.

Hi, folks! It is freezing here. Mr. Garnet had to take Sheena for her checkup today. She is kinda mad at me right now.
It's a shivery day here, too! Hope Sheena's checkup goes well. She'll forgive you with enough treats and attention later. She'll be mad at dad since he took her! lol

• Big Grin
Reactions: garnetsilver
It's a shivery day here, too! Hope Sheena's checkup goes well. She'll forgive you with enough treats and attention later. She'll be mad at dad since he took her! lol

I felt awful because she was purring while I was holding her, then I quickly put her into the carrier.

Reactions: Paintman

View attachment 45260
What a beautiful dog! Re-homing is bittersweet; I've had to do it too. But she'll adapt to her new home, and I am glad you found new owners for her!

Reactions: Lone Wolf
I hope I found a good home for her. It's a couple with an 18-month-old daughter and they're a little younger than me. He brought his dad with him, because he has a Sheltie of his own that is 19 months old. So, Bridget will have two new playmates. I have no doubt she'll bond with their little girl, and his dad's dog. I'm happy because I think she'll do just fine with them.

I hope I found a good home for her. It's a couple with an 18-month-old daughter and they're a little younger than me. He brought his dad with him, because he has a Sheltie of his own that is 19 months old. So, Bridget will have two new playmates. I have no doubt she'll bond with their little girl, and his dad's dog. I'm happy because I think she'll do just fine with them.
That sounds like a wonderful situation and family for her. A human and doggie playmate built in!

That sounds like a wonderful situation and family for her. A human and doggie playmate built in!
It took her some time, but she came around to her husband first. And she wasn't ever leash-trained but eased up with him. She'd lead the way, and he wouldn't resist or try to hold her back. And like me, he grew up with Shelties himself, so he knows how to work with them. But his dad also told me to give him a call if we can't find homes for the remaining three. I think it's a shoe in that they'll also have good homes next.

It took her some time, but she came around to her husband first. And she wasn't ever leash-trained but eased up with him. She'd lead the way, and he wouldn't resist or try to hold her back. And like me, he grew up with Shelties himself, so he knows how to work with them. But his dad also told me to give him a call if we can't find homes for the remaining three. I think it's a shoe in that they'll also have good homes next.
Shelties are incredibly smart dogs. And they have a really good sense of humans. If she made up to the husband she'll do fine. And it makes sense since a man was her owner. We had a Sheltie that "herded" my kids...lol It was great! Send the dog to round up the kids and she did.