1-10-2021 Sunday Live Chat

Last night we fired up the wood stove for the first time and had a nice fire going for the evening. I had been thinking of having the stove part taken out, and having a plain old fireplace. But I discovered that there is a sort of built in fan that will warm the whole house when wood is burning. This could save on heating bills, I'm hoping.

Sheena and Zoey stayed clear at first, but as the fire died down they cautiously explored the hearth.
In my old house, that is how we heated all winter and I paid very, very little for the actual furnace needs. In fact it rarely turned on as we kept the wood burning almost 24/7.

Reactions: garnetsilver
In my old house, that is how we heated all winter and I paid very, very little for the actual furnace needs. In fact it rarely turned on as we kept the wood burning almost 24/7.
Good to know! The only deterrent is that we have to buy the wood, but sometimes there are people giving away wood, on Craig's List.

Good to know! The only deterrent is that we have to buy the wood, but sometimes there are people giving away wood, on Craig's List.
Even wood is cheaper to heat with if you buy it by the rick or the cord. Trust me....lol My gas bill was about $35 monthly and I think that was just keeping the pilot lights on the stove going.

Even wood is cheaper to heat with if you buy it by the rick or the cord. Trust me....lol My gas bill was about $35 monthly and I think that was just keeping the pilot lights on the stove going.
Oh, that helps a lot. We see that people will even deliver the wood around here. This is our second winter here and already the gas bill is creeping higher each month.

Reactions: Debi
Oh, that helps a lot. We see that people will even deliver the wood around here. This is our second winter here and already the gas bill is creeping higher each month.
Normally they will deliver but you have to stack it. Used to cost extra if you want them to do the stacking. Throw a tarp over it to keep it from getting too wet.

Well....good evening to everyone! I have had football all day! Nice change of pace. ;bg3 Can't tell you who won what, but it was not a Western! lol

dmlogo.png

Wednesday, January 13th at 9:00 PM Eastern.

DM11321.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys. I’ve been in the back reading. Is the last Dark Marer show on podcast somewhere ?

Hi guys. I’ve been in the back reading. Is the last Dark Marer show on podcast somewhere ?
I'll be releasing the podcast to iTunes and a few other locations after the 2nd episode.
But you can always go to the website: Bob Bain | Dark Matter

There will be new equipment in tomorrow so the audio should sound better from my end.