The Old Cars

Anything pre-80 is a great car, 50's, 60's, 70's muscle cars. Most cars today look the same, all the old cars have a unique look from manufacturer to manufacturer. I have A LOT of favorites, but if I had to choose one it would be a toss up between the 1970 Superbird or a 1958 Fairlane 500 Skyliner. My father has a restored 65 Mustang convertible, and I'm restoring a 79 bronco.

My first car was a candy apple red 56 Chevy. I bought it from a farmer for 125 dollars and restored it. The inside was black crushed leather even the headliner and door panels were crushed leather and the floors were done with black and red shag carpet. I converted it from three on the tree to a floor shift and used to drag race it. I met my wife street light drag racing on a Friday night after the football game.
nhTDm60WOM.JPG

My second car was a 1966 Mustang...

th

I liked to work on cars back then and spent a lot of time on them...Then I met my wife and had a lot better things to do.

My first car was a candy apple red 56 Chevy. I bought it from a farmer for 125 dollars and restored it. The inside was black crushed leather even the headliner and door panels were crushed leather and the floors were done with black and red shag carpet. I converted it from three on the tree to a floor shift and used to drag race it. I met my wife street light drag racing on a Friday night after the football game.
nhTDm60WOM.JPG

th

I liked to work on cars back then and spent a lot of time on them...Then I met my wife and had a lot better things to do.
Beauties

Reactions: Debi
nhTDm60WOM.JPG

th

Just showed the 56 Chevy to my hubs....he's drooling on my laptop.

Reactions: Lynne
That was one of the nice things back then. You could buy a car for a little of nothing and then rebuild it from parts out of junkyards. we used to build a car every summer as a project. Three or four guys could build it and then at the end of the summer either sell it or harvest the parts and sell them back to the junk yard. You didn't need several thousand dollars of diagnostic tools and such to work on cars back then. I guess this is what boys did from the time they were 16 until they went to work full time or me the right girl instead of playing video games. I guess the rich kids parents just bought them a car. We weren't dirt poor but there was no money for fancy cars unless you wanted to build it yourself. Me and my Dad I dragged that old 56 Chevy home. It hadn't run in several years. We worked on it in the evenings and on the weekends and got it going. It was a good bonding thing for me and my Dad. I got a job now that I had transportation. Most of my money went into that car. I guess it was a good investment. It got my future wife's attention on the drag one Friday night thanks to that car.