It's on the "watch" list...

I think my fave is Christmas Story. Ralphie takes me back to my early years, although it's set even before my time, many of the things in it ring so true to my upbringing! Right down to the dad cursing at the furnace. And the kid hiding in the cupboard to avoid dad has actually happened with one of my own kids..lol

I think my fave is Christmas Story. Ralphie takes me back to my early years, although it's set even before my time, many of the things in it ring so true to my upbringing! Right down to the dad cursing at the furnace. And the kid hiding in the cupboard to avoid dad has actually happened with one of my own kids..lol
Those memories are priceless!

• Love it
Reactions: Debi
They are not everybody's cup of tea but I have a soft spot (in my head) for the quirky non Christmas but Christmas themed movies. Think something along the lines of Bad Santa, it's about a pair of thieves who get jobs as Santa and his Elf in a department store so they can get a good look around and decide how best to rob the place. Too vulgar to be considered a Christmas Movie despite being all about and centered on Christmas.

One my kids enjoyed was called Fatman. It's about a spoiled rich kid whose father is a Mob boss, on Christmas morning the kid gets a lump of coal and wants revenge for the insult, so he hires a hit man to track down and eliminate Santa AKA The Fatman. Santa is played by Mel Gibson which helps sell the idea that this version of Santa would carry an 1850s revolver and fight back against the hit man. There's also a sub-plot about the elves making electronic systems for the US Military because there are too few kids who believe in Santa these days resulting in a lack of funding so they had to take a Military contract to make ends meet.

I've not seen these but there's a movie called Violent Night where Santa visits a fancy estate during a home invasion/hostage situation and decides he needs to step in and take care of the bad guys who are all on his naughty list. Another one is called The Mean One and centers on a grown up version of Cindy Lou Hoo returning to Whoville as an adult seeking revenge on the Green Monster (the Grinch) that ruined her childhood.

Are these Christmas Movies? No. Are they good movies? Not necessarily. Am I going watch this nonsense? Absolutely!