You're 12 again

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
You get to go back and be 12 years old again for the day. Old enough to go out and play on your own until the streetlights come on or you see the fireflies. SO! What will you do for this very special day???

I am off to McCaffey Woods, across the cornfield and into the welcoming arms of the trees. Gonna build me my little fort in the woods, climb the tree that used to be my nemesis and prove I'm not afraid of heights, and play hard all day. My friends and I live in the fantasy land of Robin Hood with a hint of Sleeping Beauty and have fantastic adventures, until the first owl hoots and sends me home to the burnt offerings my mother calls dinner. A bit of TV after that on the set that you have to "play with" to get reception, while dad is in the garage with his transistor radio on trying to listen to the White Sox game. After a few cookies and milk, I'm off to bed with my stuffed skunk for company, and hope I can have just one more day of the same!

Same stuff I try to do everyday, minus the juice boxes. Still playing football, baseball, and basketball w/ the neighbor kids. Trying out for a Men's baseball league next month.:) Heck, the only reason I'm still putting paint on the wall is I like dressing like Dennis The Menace.;)
Oh, but I do have a piece of advice to my 12 year old self. You will never get better at golf. Quit the game.

Last edited:
I get the gang together and we play baseball if we have enough or football. We run and run and run until we are dog tired and love every minute of it. None of us are great athletes, but we are pretty good. We might walk up to the drug store and get a couple packs of baseball cards. The gum is crappy, but we munch on it anyway

You get to go back and be 12 years old again for the day. Old enough to go out and play on your own until the streetlights come on or you see the fireflies. SO! What will you do for this very special day???
If we're talking about an actual time travel I would just spend the day with my family.

get the gang together and we play baseball if we have enough or football. We run and run and run until we are dog tired and love every minute of it. None of us are great athletes, but we are pretty good. We might walk up to the drug store and get a couple packs of baseball cards. The gum is crappy, but we munch on it anyway
Cool beans , Christie. Which positions? I play 2nd, 3rd , SS, and pitch. Wish I had your pals. All of mine decided to be old.:( 'Cept for my buddy who was a Big Ten tailback. We get together twice a year. Did you know you can play 35 different sports in two days? We tried it.:baseball::basketball::clubs::christmastree:
OK, cards and Christmas aren't really sports.:)

Reactions: Grinchesbro
Cool beans , Christie. Which positions? I play 2nd, 3rd , SS, and pitch. Wish I had your pals. All of mine decided to be old.:( 'Cept for my buddy who was a Big Ten tailback. We get together twice a year. Did you know you can play 35 different sports in two days? We tried it.:baseball::basketball::clubs::christmastree:
OK, cards and Christmas aren't really sports.:)
At my age, I do not play active sports. I was imagining I was 12 again and what a typical day was. I played SS and pitched thru about 12 years old. I had health issues ( asthma) as a teenager. The medicine then did not know how to treat asthma. Sometimes I felt normal and could run like the wind, other times not so good. So I stopped playing organized sports which required a lot of running. When I was in high school and college I was a gymnast, lettering each year. I even made it to the state finals (high school) one year.

I even made it to the state finals (high school) one year.
Cool. Gotta be frustrating, but geez, gymnast at State? Talk about making lemonade.:) Once was on a power lifting team at state. We put up a team from the gym.It membered 4 different HS's (a no-no), and my brother, who wasn't a high schooler yet. He set a National power lifting record in his (lied about) age class. :cool: I just made weight and held up my end.

I will have to echo Bob on this one . To go back in time for a day would be a wonderful treat indeed .I would visit my grandparents first off . Seeing my grandfather who used to take me on yearly fishing trips would be a good day ,also talking my father again would be great.He passed over 20 years ago from cancer.One day to visit simpler times ....If only we could:)

Reactions: 7Critter
I would tape my fishing pole to my bike and get my 2 friends to go to the piers. Those days of sitting in the sun just enjoying life were the best. No pressure ,no responsibilities , no nothing but a couple of kids and their dreams.