You age slower at sea level!

a millisecond gained over 30 years....... so if you live to 120 you may gain one more breath... maybe, .....if you put magnets in your hat you can even get to let it out.........or brain damage..... i dunno... interesting but is a millisecond even actually measurable....

I found the article confusing, if Gravity has less effect as you go up (slower time at the top of a stair), why do you age faster at highter levels?

I have noticed one thing about myself that may or may not relate to this. I spend the summers at high altitude and the winters at low altitude. My fitness tracker consistently shows my resting heart rate is about 10 beats higher per minute at high altitude.

So, theoretically, I'm aging faster at higher altitude, right?

I have noticed one thing about myself that may or may not relate to this. I spend the summers at high altitude and the winters at low altitude. My fitness tracker consistently shows my resting heart rate is about 10 beats higher per minute at high altitude.

So, theoretically, I'm aging faster at higher altitude, right?
Well, the reason for the higher resting heart rate is probably because of less oxygen at altitude, therefore the heart may pump a bit faster to get more oxygen to your organs. Most people "acclimate" to elevation after a bit, but if you are doing the snowbird thing it wouldn't have time to do so.

I visited Flagstaff once years ago and had Altitude sickness so bad I had to leave. My heart was pumping like crazy trying to get some oxygen going! And, the old saying is, ya only have so many beats per lifetime in you.