Winter sports

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
How many of you enjoy participating in winter sports?
Skiing, ice skating, sledding, hockey, snowboarding, etc.
Although I enjoy watching them in the Olympics, I've never been a big fan of playing in the snow...
Except for snow forts that come with a snowman guard, and are filled with snowballs as ammo, with hot chocolate waiting inside.

Watcher or participant?

snow forts
The last time i built a snow fort was the day of the Challenger tragedy. Seems so long ago. I always wanted to learn to ski, though that trip got canceled and forgotten after the passing of a very close friend. Always seemed for me during really cold nights the only sports i joined in on were billiards and darts lol. My nephew wanted to get me into rock climbing so have been kicking that idea around since Christmas. Of course the rock climbing aspect would be controlled indoor environment for now. Uncontrolled at major heights, yeah...nope lol. It is very good excerise though.

My nephew wanted to get me into rock climbing so have been kicking that idea around since Christmas. Of course the rock climbing aspect would be controlled indoor environment for now. Uncontrolled at major heights, yeah...nope lol. It is very good excerise though.
go for it...lots of fun, and it can introduce you to rappelling...... nothing like the rush of either an australian or military rappel...(pretty much the same but one with a foot base and one without, a free fall type rappel....)

go for it...lots of fun, and it can introduce you to rappelling...... nothing like the rush of either an australian or military rappel...(pretty much the same but one with a foot base and one without, a free fall type rappel....)
I saw videos of rappelling in some crazy places. Looks so fun, though the locale seems sketchy lol. Rappelling down the side of a cavern next to a waterfall looks quite awesome.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
I built many snow forts as a kid on the north side of our brick house. It lasted a week or more. We also built an igloo from shoveling the driveway. I have ice skated with my girls when they were little. I am just good enough to skate around the oval. ;bg3 In hockey, I was the goalie. Now-a-days, I am a watcher.

I loved to ice skate when I was younger, but not now. I don't know where my skates are these days. I would go riding on horseback in winter and that is about it. I am ready for spring.