Will you buy a self-driving car?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I see more and more auto/self driving cars and trucks being introduced into our world and I see this as the manufacturers trying to get us "comfortable" with the concept. So far, my answer is NOPE! Not ever going to be comfortable with that. If it's moving, I want control over it!!!

So, how about you? Will you buy into this concept? Willing to give up the wheel to sit back and just enjoy the ride? Or do you want that steering wheel in your hands?

And hey! What are you driving now?

http://www.businessinsider.com/repo...iving-cars-will-be-on-the-road-by-2020-2015-5

Last edited:
For the record, I drive an itty bitty bright yellow Kia Soul! It just screams "Outta my way!" lol

Reactions: Grinchesbro
I could never trust technology this much. I don't think we could make this technology work well in some of our bigger cities with rush hour traffic. We cant manufacture the low tech vehicles we drive now without recalls .What happens when something malfunctions while going down the road? Vehicles that I own now are .Full size Ford work van-Ford Excursion-1976 corvette-1967 Oldsmobile 442 .

Reactions: chert and Debi
Nice car collection going there! Yeah, I just can't see how that would work intermixed with cars being driven by humans. And I sure as heck know what happens when there's a glitch on a computer...so how the heck can these self driving vehicles be trusted? Especially those big rigs! :eek: Nope, Nope, I want someone behind that wheel who knows what they're doing!!!