Why do spirits cause us such misery?

Ghosts rarely frighten me. I have had some encounters with some scary ones, including two encounters with things that I believe were potentially demonic, or at least non-human in nature. But for the most part, the ghosts I've encountered have been either lost souls or people who need to get a message across.

I also think, when you're faced with something like a haunting, the best thing you can do is control your fear and take a hard rational approach to sorting the problem. Negative entities feed on negative energy, so don't give them any if you can help it. :)
yes i undetstand. for example budhists believe an enlightened person is greater then any god or demon. rise above it as they say.
i agree with you thanks

Ghosts rarely frighten me. I have had some encounters with some scary ones, including two encounters with things that I believe were potentially demonic, or at least non-human in nature. But for the most part, the ghosts I've encountered have been either lost souls or people who need to get a message across.

I also think, when you're faced with something like a haunting, the best thing you can do is control your fear and take a hard rational approach to sorting the problem. Negative entities feed on negative energy, so don't give them any if you can help it. :)
yes i agree.
my reason for believing in something is as a young kid i was friends with a kid whom i would meet on my summer holidays in ireland and i always felt something special about my friend and his brother and one old man said to us around 1984 when i was 9 he laughed and said "youll be like the beatles"
to him. only years later his band were as big and i couldnt see how this old man could have known how big he would be and he was right.
that got me wondering and spooked