Who are the Shadow people?

OK, my story. In the early 90's on was driving south on Michigan Ave. in Chicago. There was a unique car to my right and a bit in front of me. The car was unique because it was way too normal. Imagine a boxy Olds '88 or '98 model. But the thing was made up of all different car parts. No emblems. Grey. Nondescript so much it stood out to me. The grey color was in no way a factory color, and too too dull. Not a ding, dent, or scratch. (City drivers have minor damage. Always.)
My inner signal went off. Pay attention. I crept up and got a glimpse of the driver. A stereotypical man like from out of an early 1960's ad. Grey suit, sat bolt upright, short haircut, age anywhere from 25 to 40. Featureless. Nondescript. I had a feeling there was not a scrap of paper, a match, anything in that car. Sterile. Window down, no radio, no smell I could detect because the winds off the lake were brisk.
He was not from around here, and I don't mean Canadian tourists.
This man wasn't a man. He was something else and was here to observe us.
Just reading that gave me the shivers. Serious feather twitching here.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Just reading that gave me the shivers. Serious feather twitching here.
Please ask any questions. I never told anyone this. Maybe a question can bring out more detail?
I was in grad skol then, and my brain was sharper than it has ever been. I'm talking about critical thinking, short term working memory, recall, observation.... and no surprise, I had more psychic events happen during those 3 years than ever before or since.

Please ask any questions. I never told anyone this. Maybe a question can bring out more detail?
I was in grad skol then, and my brain was sharper than it has ever been. I'm talking about critical thinking, short term working memory, recall, observation.... and no surprise, I had more psychic events happen during those 3 years than ever before or since.
Did he look at you? What about hair color? Skin dark or pale (or grey?) Was he rigid behind the wheel like hands at 10/2 and not much movement?

Reactions: Lynne
Plates on vehicle in state? Interior of car also grey? Did you feel any changes in air pressure when near the vehicle? How long were you near the vehicle? What was your anxiety level around this thing? Did it let up once you were past it or did you back off from it?

(You did say ask questions....)

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Did he look at you? What about hair color? Skin dark or pale (or grey?) Was he rigid behind the wheel like hands at 10/2 and not much movement?
1. No. But I sensed he definitely knew that I knew something was wrong. 2. Sandy brown hair, short, but not buzz. Hairstyles for men then were longer and 'fuller.' 3. Rigid, stiff, driving 10/2, eyes straight ahead.
The car was a mimic of a car. What gets me is how I just knew there was nothing inside that car. Like showroom clean. My Dad had an Olds '98 in the late 80's, so I know that car well. This is a new clean crude copy. The GM greys were unique for the era, this wasn't in the pallet.
Plates on vehicle in state? Interior of car also grey? Did you feel any changes in air pressure when near the vehicle? How long were you near the vehicle? What was your anxiety level around this thing? Did it let up once you were past it or did you back off from it?
There was a plate. Most are Illinois, Indiana & Wisconsin in Chicago. I don't know. But there were no emblems. And it was not a primer grey waiting for emblems to be attached. The color had a lower sheen than factory. I felt no anxiety, but I felt compelled to really focus, like that is the only thing around. - despite the cool boats and neat buildings that I'd look at.
We were in a crawl of traffic. Around Michigan & Balbo, so lots of lights. He was in the right lane, so they go slower because of pedestrian traffic, so I passed him up. By the time I got to the expressway I was confused at what I saw, and anxiety rose. Did not notice air pressure. It was a cool early summer day.
With a mimic car & a mimic man. Hey, thanks !

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
OK, my story. In the early 90's on was driving south on Michigan Ave. in Chicago. There was a unique car to my right and a bit in front of me. The car was unique because it was way too normal. Imagine a boxy Olds '88 or '98 model. But the thing was made up of all different car parts. No emblems. Grey. Nondescript so much it stood out to me. The grey color was in no way a factory color, and too too dull. Not a ding, dent, or scratch. (City drivers have minor damage. Always.)
My inner signal went off. Pay attention. I crept up and got a glimpse of the driver. A stereotypical man like from out of an early 1960's ad. Grey suit, sat bolt upright, short haircut, age anywhere from 25 to 40. Featureless. Nondescript. I had a feeling there was not a scrap of paper, a match, anything in that car. Sterile. Window down, no radio, no smell I could detect because the winds off the lake were brisk.
He was not from around here, and I don't mean Canadian tourists.
This man wasn't a man. He was something else and was here to observe us.

Interesting story!

(You did say ask questions....)
You for a little Jad going on lol

Paint thanks for sharing. You really witnessed something amazing.

Reactions: Paintman