Which sports...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
13466106_1482936581732431_2669630917571086852_n.jpg

I'm not much of a sport fan. So the only sports I watch are the Olympics but focus mainly on the hockey, the rest is just to see what's what. I also watch the soccer world cup if there's nothing else on TV or if it's a team I'm supporting (Germany), or if it's an interesting match. Then on rare occasions I will watch the rugby world cup just to see how South Africa does in its first match of the tournament and then again only if they're in the final (but I think they have a soccer coach training them because now whenever they get the ball, they just kick it up field and lose it).

It was funny with the last rugby world cup though. South Africa's first match was against Japan which is very new contender in the world rugby championship scene. South Africa always sitting in the top 5 world rankings and having won 2 world cups, a lot of the people here said we were going to slaughter Japan...yeah that didn't happen and we LOST 34 - 32. Now not being a rugby extremist like most people down here, I found this hilarious. The guys at the bar down the road from me didn't think it was funny and the police almost had to be called in to calm the place down. But what was really funny about it was someone took a scene from the Adolf Hitler movie and added their own subtitles to the German dialog where Hitler was rugby official and didn't know Japan had beaten SA and he just loses his mind :tearsofjoy:.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I'm not much of a sport fan. So the only sports I watch are the Olympics but focus mainly on the hockey, the rest is just to see what's what. I also watch the soccer world cup if there's nothing else on TV or if it's a team I'm supporting (Germany), or if it's an interesting match. Then on rare occasions I will watch the rugby world cup just to see how South Africa does in its first match of the tournament and then again only if they're in the final (but I think they have a soccer coach training them because now whenever they get the ball, they just kick it up field and lose it).

It was funny with the last rugby world cup though. South Africa's first match was against Japan which is very new contender in the world rugby championship scene. South Africa always sitting in the top 5 world rankings and having won 2 world cups, a lot of the people here said we were going to slaughter Japan...yeah that didn't happen and we LOST 34 - 32. Now not being a rugby extremist like most people down here, I found this hilarious. The guys at the bar down the road from me didn't think it was funny and the police almost had to be called in to calm the place down. But what was really funny about it was someone took a scene from the Adolf Hitler movie and added their own subtitles to the German dialog where Hitler was rugby official and didn't know Japan had beaten SA and he just loses his mind :tearsofjoy:.
In case anyone wants to see it...

I'm not a big sports fan, but I do find myself preferring individual sports over team sports.

I’m a football fan. However I’ve become a baseball fan through marriage.

Reactions: Paintman
Baseball . Golf in the winter. Not much NFL for the past several years because commercial time outs, rules & replays have wrecked it. I'll take a look at the Olympics out of curiosity.
I miss the local Chicago sports writers show. It was a weekly recap with old reporter dudes sitting around a big table smoking and drinking.

Reactions: Lynne
I miss the local Chicago sports writers show. It was a weekly recap with old reporter dudes sitting around a big table smoking and drinking.

I think you can get this same kind of entertainment Paint on the cable channel that watches in on the activities of the US Congress.

Reactions: Paintman
I’m a football fan. However I’ve become a baseball fan through marriage.
Good wife ! Mrs C has done so likewise. It also helped that her Mom, who lived with us for three years was a baseball fan. Each of my girls are baseball fans. We go to a game one or two times a year as a group.