Where would you go and why?

I'm not sure. Part of me would want to go back to follow Jesus and see exactly what he was teaching, since his message has gotten so distorted over the centuries. I think that Jesus was teaching about manifestation and all the other things that more and more people are becoming aware of these days. But the thought of living in squalor with no indoor plumbing or running water or hygiene is a real turn off.

Another part of me would go back to when I was in high school and I would correct all the mistakes that I have made in my life, and believe me, there are plenty. As a child I remember realizing that I seemed to learn best the hard way. The thought scared me, but to this day I still self sabotage and learn the hard way. :(
You're not the only one who learns the hard way, Nekki! Many of us choose that path because we are a bit stubborn around the edges! lol

Reactions: Seahunter
Been there ! Done that ! I do not require "Doc" to transition and NO Sal , not giving you the scoop on anything !! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Debi
Frivolous answer: I'd go back and tell Art Bell what becomes of Coast to Coast after he turns over the reins to Noory. Maybe he wouldn't retire!
:D

Serious answer: I'd like to travel back to early America and hint that adding some exposition to the Constitution might be a good idea. What was understood plainly back then has somehow become open to interpretation as the years have gone by, so some more definitive language would be a good thing.
Excellent idea! :cool:

i would go 10 years into the future and find out all the horses that won and then check out the market to see the next big thing........yes, selfish,greedy,short sighted......me
Hey, I think we all think of this idea! No reason you can't go back and do a good deed, and just happen to look at a few stocks and ponies while you're there - maybe even some lottery numbers! :p:cool:

Reactions: sal
I would want to go waaaay back and see what the first real "advanced" civilization really was. Was it Atlantis? Was it Eden? Where is the real beginning of "us" as an aware and thriving community?
This is always a tough question and depends on how you define "civilization" and who you ask! :rolleyes::D

Here is an interesting article that claims a much earlier date.

Start date for human civilization moved back 20,000 years or so

An analysis of artifacts found in a South African cave reveals that humans were making tools, beads, and even poison some 20,000 years earlier than previously thought.

More information at:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/20...an-civilization-moved-back-20-000-years-or-so

Reactions: Debi
My answer is pretty much always the same. If I could pick only one time and place, it would be to observe Jesus. If I only had one day, that would make it very difficult to decide what I would like to see. Maybe just listening to him speak to the people. Possibly listening to him talking with the disciples. Perhaps to witness a miracle? I would love to observe Him because even though I always try to have faith, a little "seeing with my own eyes" goes a long way! :)

Reactions: surge and Debi
What a great thread topic. It is very hard for me to pick one day in history. I would have to go backwards. I don't want to know details of what will happen in the future (bad or good) and then come back to today. I can't pick ONE day in the past. I like all of the answers above for the reasons stated. Being at a day in history and finding out WHY something happened, HOW something happened would be great.