Where in the World...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
Greetings!

Since this is my first Topic of the Day, I thought I would start out with a fun, easy one.

With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, family get-togethers and other stresses, sometimes it's just nice to wander to your happy place. So, if you had your pick of a place to live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live and why?

Reactions: Debi
And a good first question it is! :D

First of all, if I'm restricted to the States, then it would be Key West. Crazy, weird, water, sunshine, quite wonderful! lol But if I could have lived anywhere in the world, it would be one of the "lands", as I call them. England, Ireland, Scotland. The music, the CASTLES, the old world wonders! I have a very long list of all that I would see and experience there! One thing about Christmas that I love is how many stories (think Scrooge) and many Christmas scenarios (think Nutcracker) are linked to England.

Reactions: Seahunter
Your mention of castles reminds me of something I read a while back. A tour guide in England was apologizing profusely to his group because the "old" inn that they were supposed to stay in was being worked on, so they would be forced to stay in the "newer" one - - - which was built like in the 1600's or something like that! :p We just don't have neat old history like that here!

A neat article based on the oldest inns in Britain:

http://www.fatbadgers.co.uk/britain/old.htm

LOL! I love it! The "newer" inn! Yes, if it was up to me, I would tour the "lands" and see every castle, cathedral, bookstore, and a stop at the Tor just to top it off! Even tho I have a dreadful fear of flying, I'd get on that plane to take me there! I might have to pay for damages to the armrests where my fingernails leave gashes, but it would be worth it.

Yes, the old cathedrals too!

And not to fear the flight! You would want to go by sea, to truly enjoy your trip to the "lands"! I have always wanted to do a trans-Atlantic cruise to Britain, and on the Queen Mary 2 (Cunard) it would just be unforgettable.

325px-Queen_Mary_2_outbound_from_Southampton_2_Sept_2013.jpg

Reactions: Debi
Ah ha! The answer to my flight problems! :D That would be delightful! lol I am SUCH a water baby!

I would love to live in Scotland or Ireland, ancestral homes from each side of my family. I'd join Debi on the tour of the castles and other old world goodness!

Alternately, I've always thought living along the coast of Far North Queensland in Australia would be nice.

Far%20North%20Queensland,%20Australia.jpg

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter
I would love to live in Scotland or Ireland, ancestral homes from each side of my family.

We could all go together. When I went to Ireland a few years ago, I wanted to live in one of those little white cottages and raise sheep. I didn't want to come home! If I could live anywhere, in the states I would move to the middle somewhere. If it were to live outside America, then I would choose Ireland or the surrounding area.

We could all go together. When I went to Ireland a few years ago, I wanted to live in one of those little white cottages and raise sheep. I didn't want to come home! If I could live anywhere, in the states I would move to the middle somewhere. If it were to live outside America, then I would choose Ireland or the surrounding area.
Oh boy! Maybe we could all get a group discount! When we're done with the grand tour, I'll move into the cottage next to Nekki and show her how to raise those sheep! (Since I've done it and all! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.