What words...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
upload_2017-5-7_21-2-9.png

Or even phrases! What bugs you?

"It is what it is." They are making the definition the exact word being defined.
Nonplused. It doesn't mean poised. It means confusion so bad that you don't know how to respond.
The C2C frequent caller who asks the guest the same question 3 different ways. He was on last night.:mad:
"...the only reason.." Really ? What about multiple causality ? That is how science, history, and everything else works.
Hashtags.
Meaningless business and academic buzzwords. I.e. "Lets drill down and unpack the definition of 'defer success .' I just say the word "Lost", and move on.:)

(During my bad moments, I can be a very irritable person.:() More to follow........

Reactions: Debi
"Back in the day" UGH. Makes me nuts. I try to avoid it at all costs. I have used it, I admit, but only because I was in a hurry...lol

When people use pronounce the word "drawing" as though it is spelled "drawring". And when someone says, "because I'm older than you" and feel that gives them entitlement to do what they want.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
When I worked nights it was the word nap. It would send me to the moon. It was MY sleep time not a nap. People don't realize you are up all night. Now that I'm retired not much bothers me lol.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
1. When our Jr. HS English Lit teacher, from Boston, pronounced my friend Lori's name "Lowrey." I cringe to this day. Makes me wanna throw Chaucer & Byron, Shelley, & Keats at her. (And I mean their skeletons.;))
2. Not every place you go makes it a journey. Antarctica is a journey. Going to a football game at your Alma Mater is not a journey.
3. Literally. I literally despise words that state the obvious and add nothing to the sentence. (That literally is an example. Or did I mean that figuratively?)
4. I knew a customer who ended every sentence with "Ya know what I mean ?" No, Dude. I don't. The concept that you want white paint on your wall confuses me. Please elaborate. (I wanted to throw Chaucer, Byron, Shelley, & Keats at him too.)
5. Every adjective used in a resume. (Add this to business and academic jargon.)
6. Not to disparage military speak, but when you leave the Army, stop saying, "Let's mobilize to the DEFAC at 1200 hours." Hey, calm down there, how about let's go to lunch around noonish, instead ?:)
7. Every word ever popularized by Kanye West, Perez Hilton, and Hipsters. I am excusing Snoop Dog. He is clever and funny. ( See, I know about pop culture :D .)
8. Dullards who use the same lame line over & over :eek:. I want to throw Chaucer, Byron, Shelley, & Keats at them.

1. When our Jr. HS English Lit teacher, from Boston, pronounced my friend Lori's name "Lowrey." I cringe to this day. Makes me wanna throw Chaucer & Byron, Shelley, & Keats at her. (And I mean their skeletons.;))
2. Not every place you go makes it a journey. Antarctica is a journey. Going to a football game at your Alma Mater is not a journey.
3. Literally. I literally despise words that state the obvious and add nothing to the sentence. (That literally is an example. Or did I mean that figuratively?)
4. I knew a customer who ended every sentence with "Ya know what I mean ?" No, Dude. I don't. The concept that you want white paint on your wall confuses me. Please elaborate. (I wanted to throw Chaucer, Byron, Shelley, & Keats at him too.)
5. Every adjective used in a resume. (Add this to business and academic jargon.)
6. Not to disparage military speak, but when you leave the Army, stop saying, "Let's mobilize to the DEFAC at 1200 hours." Hey, calm down there, how about let's go to lunch around noonish, instead ?:)
7. Every word ever popularized by Kanye West, Perez Hilton, and Hipsters. I am excusing Snoop Dog. He is clever and funny. ( See, I know about pop culture :D .)
8. Dullards who use the same lame line over & over :eek:. I want to throw Chaucer, Byron, Shelley, & Keats at them.
I'm with you on these Paint. Lol

Reactions: Paintman