What were....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT WERE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE OUTDOOR GAMES AS A KID?

Red Rover? (OK, reach back in the memory banks here, guys!) Marbles? Dodge Ball? Oh yeah, let's not forget baseball or the guys will be upset with me...lol
How about the ever so deadly Yard Jarts? (Loved those things!)

What did you and the neighborhood kids do to have fun and have a bit of friendly competition?

Reactions: Paintman
We still have the original Lawn Jarts. As a kid my favorite was " Smear the Queer." The guy with the football was the "queer" and ran until tackled. He could give up the ball or take off running again.

Of course, we all played hide and seek.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
We still have the original Lawn Jarts. As a kid my favorite was " Smear the Queer." The guy with the football was the "queer" and ran until tackled. He could give up the ball or take off running again.

Of course, we all played hide and seek.
LOL - can we say "Smear the Queer", or does it have to be "Smear the gender neutral trans-poly-non-specific sex of the day"?

Our version of Smear the Queer was called "Kill Steve". He was the poor lad who everybody picked on. The only rule was whenever you had the ball, you threw it to Steve so everyone would tackle him. He's probably a multi-millionaire now...

I played with the lawn darts too.

I can't think of anything really. I remember Red Rover, Hide and Seek, something else involving red lights and green lights.

I did play golf starting in grade school. Do water balloon fights count?

OK, all of the above w/ a special nod for remembering tether ball.:)
We played football in whoever's front yard while waiting for the school bus. Our little league was world class and was our daycare center. Frisbee golf on real golf courses when hey were closed for Monday maintenance. Basketball & volleyball in the pool. A variation of War Tag and capture the flag that involved POW's (hey, we liked WW2 movies:p), oooh, and 'Creekin.' That's were we'd go out at night and wade into the creek that wound thru 2 golf courses and find balls. Roman Candle wars.
One day the road was being paved and someone left the steamroller keys in overnight. An older boy took it for a joyride. We'd play guns in the woods or on new construction (houses). Pond hockey and sledding in the winter. Skitching when we got older. (When the streets are packed w/ snow & ice, we'd grab the back car bumper and 'skitch.'
And we all survived :cool:.