What was....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
upload_2017-8-1_23-48-15.jpeg

I think the ending of the Vietnam war and Warergate were the big ones that stick out in my mind.

The first one I remember is the Cuban Missile Crisis! I was really young, but I remember the fear, dad buidling a bomb shelter and mom canning food to put in it. I remember asking why the water containers had a drop of bleach in them and how many we had stacked in the garage! I was too young to understand exactly what was going on, but I remember having full faith my parents wouldn't let anything happen to me. They had superpowers. :)

The first one I remember is the Cuban Missile Crisis! I was really young, but I remember the fear, dad buidling a bomb shelter and mom canning food to put in it. I remember asking why the water containers had a drop of bleach in them and how many we had stacked in the garage! I was too young to understand exactly what was going on, but I remember having full faith my parents wouldn't let anything happen to me. They had superpowers. :)
That was a true threat. You had good parents

I think the ending of the Vietnam war and Warergate were the big ones that stick out in my mind.
Yeh, the Big Kids came back missing arms & legs. (That is how my Dad put it.)

9/11...I remember I was 8 and I was on the way home from school and they announced on the radio in the car that a plane had crashed into one of the Twin Towers. We got home and turned to CNN (I think) and watched the live story and then witnessed the second plane crashing into the other tower, and later watched as the towers fell. That was a very tragic event.