What to do if you see a UFO

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What to Do If You See A UFO - Syracuse New Times

So you are out for a walk with your significant other and low and behold, the two of you see some strange and amazing bright object in the sky. What do you do?

My advice: watch it and enjoy the experience.

If you have the presence of mind to note what direction it came from and traveled to, it would be helpful for researchers — especially should you care to report the sighting later. The two of you should come to a consensus about the shape of what you saw, as well as make a note of where you were and what time it was that you saw the UFO.

OK, regarding reporting: This is where it gets a bit complicated. First off, don’t call the Air Force, as they haven’t collected UFO sighting information since 1969. In fact, since 1969, no United States government agency publicly collects UFO data.

Don’t call your local newspaper. Most news editors I’ve met tend to blow off the topic of UFOs. Many I have known think that people who report such sightings are either nuts or hoaxers, so don’t bother with them.

While I don’t want to paint all journalists and news directors with the same brush, I’d also advise against calling your local television or radio station. Experience has shown they aren’t any more receptive than the newspaper folks are.

What about law enforcement? My advice is if the UFO has landed or is a clear and present danger to property or public safety, then by all means call law enforcement. Many of the best UFO sighting reports over the years have been filed by law enforcement and public safety officers. But if you just want to tell somebody about your amazing sighting, don’t bother law enforcement. They have enough to do.

If you really want to register your UFO sighting someplace where it will do some good, I recommend either the National UFO Reporting Center NUFORC.org or to the Mutual UFO Network MUFON.com and file a report.

If you file a report, it’s important to just get it down concisely to the facts and only the facts. You wouldn’t believe how many sighting reports that I’ve read that rambled on about whose back yard barbecue it was at and how amazing the sighting was. But nowhere do they tell us size, shape, color, direction of motion and sound, if any.

More at site

Had this come up when I saw one. Good advice