What Lesson ?

I agree with Vibe and Lynne.

Make an effort to try to make your interactions with others positive events. It makes a difference in how others respond to you and even how you feel about yourself regardless.

I agree with Vibe and Lynne.

Make an effort to try to make your interactions with others positive events. It makes a difference in how others respond to you and even how you feel about yourself regardless.

Let me try to share one very long past experience as just an example. Back in the very late 1970s, I worked for a home improvement retailer. There was an older guy who worked at this retail store with me and appeared to have probably have had a long employment history with the company. He looked way older than he probably was. This could have been because his back was curved forward and his face had some slightly exaggerated feature like a larger than average nose, plump lips, and baggie, sagging eyes. I always assumed that he either had some kind of degenerative disease or was possibly injured. His interpersonal relationships with almost everyone there were terrible. Every single experience with this guy was cringeworthy as he seemed to only focus on the bad and the wrong and always spoke harshly. I always wondered what possible distant or current tragedy might be weighing heavily on him.

I worked there when I was 17-19 years old. At that time I’d had lots of telepathic experiences but only a couple of empathic ones. And, most of my telepathic exposure came from reading others’ thoughts willingly by looking into their eyes. Suffice it to say that there was very little opportunity for me to look into the eyes of this man as I did all that I could to limit my exposure to him to minimize the risk of any additional, routinely bad exchanges. He was kind of a superior to me so on some rare occasion I could not help working with him.

On one random day as he entered the store and passed by me, I elected to give him more than the casual “Good morning.” I summed up as much internal strength as I could and I let my personal power lose on him as I greeted him. I do mean to say that I selfishly gave him a directed psychic whammy of a sincere “Hello” while just taking a quick glance into his eyes. It was ever so very brief. I didn’t get any knowledge from the glance - like either he didn’t want to share or maybe I was afraid of what I might learn. But I think he got my own message which contained a sincere desire to connect - to not harbor pity for nor fear of this man any longer but to just be there present with him.

I only worked at that store for probably six more months. But I can tell you with certainty that in that short time our interactions increased in frequency just a little bit and they increased in length just a little bit too. And every one of those final interactions were pleasant even trending to positive. I think he felt a strong positive change in me and it opened him up to be more positive too. As I recall, he even started to look stronger too - less hobbled and less grisly.

In summary, I believe that a change inside of me, and a desire for creation of a minor connection with this coworker where one practically did not previously exist, inspired a minor but observable positive change in him. I can only hope that in those last few months we had together that he found something positive too.

Last edited:
Let me try to share one very long past experience as just an example. Back in the very late 1970s, I worked for a home improvement retailer. There was an older guy who worked at this retail store with me and appeared to have probably have had a long employment history with the company. He looked way older than he probably was. This could have been because his back was curved forward and his face had some slightly exaggerated feature like a larger than average nose, plump lips, and baggie, sagging eyes. I always assumed that he either had some kind of degenerative disease or was possibly injured. His interpersonal relationships with almost everyone there were terrible. Every single experience with this guy was cringeworthy as he seemed to only focus on the bad and the wrong and always spoke harshly. I always wondered what possible distant or current tragedy might be weighing heavily on him.

I worked there when I was 17-19 years old. At that time I’d had lots of telepathic experiences but only a couple of empathic ones. And, most of my telepathic exposure came from reading others’ thoughts willingly by looking into their eyes. Suffice it to say that there was very little opportunity for me to look into the eyes of this man as I did all that I could to limit my exposure to him to minimize the risk of any additional, routinely bad exchanges. He was kind of a superior to me so on some rare occasion I could not help working with him.

On one random day as he entered the store and passed by me, I elected to give him more than the casual “Good morning.” I summed up as much internal strength as I could and I let my personal power lose on him as I greeted him. I do mean to say that I selfishly gave him a directed psychic whammy of a sincere “Hello” while just taking a quick glance into his eyes. It was ever so very brief. I didn’t get any knowledge from the glance - like either he didn’t want to share or maybe I was afraid of what I might learn. But I think he got my own message which contained a sincere desire to connect - to not harbor pity for nor fear of this man any longer but to just be there present with him.

I only worked at that store for probably six more months. But I can tell you with certainty that in that short time our interactions increased in frequency just a little bit and they increased in length just a little bit too. And every one of those final interactions were pleasant even trending to positive. I think he felt a strong positive change in me and it opened him up to be more positive too. As I recall, he even started to look stronger too - less hobbled and less grisly.

In summary, I believe that a change inside of me, and a desire for creation of a minor connection with this coworker where one practically did not previously exist, inspired a minor but observable positive change in him. I can only hope that in those last few months we had together that he found something positive too.
Thanks for sharing, WandS. Good story.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman

That’s a beautiful account. Thanks. wands

Reactions: WitchAndShaman

Truly, that is a good example of reaching out and changing another in a positive manner. You never know how one smile, one positive statement, can change another's life.

Truly, that is a good example of reaching out and changing another in a positive manner. You never know how one smile, one positive statement, can change another's life.
Amen to that. That’s why I practice SEEING people. We have to make a conscious effort to connect with everyone in a positive manner. If they’re too negative or unapproachable at least we didn’t respond in kind and can just move on.

Reactions: Debi
Trust nobody. Not in a paranoid way, but when disappointment and betrayal comes your way, don’t be surprised.

I had this reinforced for me also in a big way at the end of last year.

And in response to the original question about life's lessons, I need to pay more attention to my gut instincts. They are frequently right.

Reactions: Lynne
I had this reinforced for me also in a big way at the end of last year.

And in response to the original question about life's lessons, I need to pay more attention to my gut instincts. They are frequently right.
Ive only been wrong once. I’m sure you’re the same judging by what you’re saying

Reactions: Lynne