What kind of....

One of the things I love to make is chicken and dumplings. When it's cold out, this is one dish I remember my mom making...and not messing it up. (Mom was a horrid cook.) I'm going to have to do that one this week, now that I've thought of it!

WandS, thanks for the compliment. Nice of you. However, should you come to Chicago right now there may be negative and detrimental consequences to visiting my kitchen.
#1 You need real winter clothes. That costs $.
#2 You will be immersed in the aromatic arts. Garlic, onions, herbs, peppers and something called shallots.
So, you come back home all excited. Your girlfriend will wonder if you really got rolled in a Gypsy Camp. You are broke, smell, and wearing a funny coat that wasn't yours.:(

What home, what coat, what girlfriend? There is only the shallot. :joycat:

Jambalaya :)
Gonna make chicken & sausage soup tonight or tomorrow. It's just runny Jambalaya with wild rice. :p
Pasta sauce is really Red Pork Stew in my kitchen. :D
Bread. Good bread. Like it's OK to fill up on bread, bread. :cool:
Ham & bean soup, potato soup, minestrone.
(Oh goody, this is why I live here.) :confused:
I'm going to try to get on Paint's good side so I can come and break bread with him!

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I don't even know where to start with comfort foods I like. Since I haven't had it in a while, I'm going to go with spaghetti with meat sauce. I love pasta, and pretty much any good sauce will do.

Last edited: