What is this?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
UFO sighting: Glowing thin disc soars through sky and baffles family watching

(Open Link for Video)

UFO-spotted-over-Coconut-Grove.jpg

This family has captured a UFO flying in the skies above their home and left experts baffled.

The footage appears to show a glowing flat disc-shaped object hovering amongst the clouds and was recorded by a family in Darwin, Australia.

Quentin Theron, 40, said his two kids, Kylie, 14, and Georgia, 8, were in the pool at their Coconut Grove home when they yelled out they could see a shooting star about 6pm Monday.

One of the children can he herd asking: "What the hell is that?"

Someone expains: "It's a giant rock coming towards the earth."

While the youngsters enquires: "Is this rare?

Australian astronomer Geoff Carr told NT news even he was baffled by the photo of the object.

“I can only suggest a high altitude military jet with its afterburner on,” he said.

“Other than that it looks too slow to be a piece of space junk re-entering the Earth’s atmosphere.

But Mr Carr – who has been an astronomer for more than 20 years and operates his own Star Safaris business – stopped short of claiming that the UFO was alien.

“It is unidentified, flying and an object, but I don’t think it is of alien origin,” he said.

“Other than that I have no idea – it’s certainly an interesting piece of footage.”

OK, note two things: the altitude of the object(s) and the position of the sun. Reflection may be a factor. Living so near the coast I not similar things at or just after sunset. What appears to be a UFO is a regular object with Reflection from a sun which has not set at the object's altitude.

Reactions: sal
probably just a small space rock burning up. I see that all the time when i am camped out by the water