What is the..

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
24301052_1483773021706508_2867333275318757884_n.jpg

NOT THE BEST, NOT THE WORST. THE MOST UNIQUE OR UNUSUAL!

The Hulk Underoos - that’s a brand of children’s underwear and I was 18 years old.

Several of my high school friends bought them for me because I was a skinny twig. I was 5’10” and 135 pounds. My waist was barely 28” and my chest wasn’t much bigger. I had to buy most of my shirts in the children’s clothing section until I was almost 30 because my shoulders and my chest were so narrow.

That was of course 37 years ago. Now those same friends would probably buy me industrial grade Spanx.

I must be really boring. Can’t think of anything odd. However some gift advice here....resist those beautiful round tins filled with popcorn. It is not food but dyed styrofoam !!

My unique one was so simple it amazed me. Was having a bad year and this one patient of mine knew about it. She somehow put together a lovely basket of little goodies for me she had spent 6 months collecting from her Bingo winnings at the nursing home. Little hand cream and shampoo sample bottles, a nick nack or two of angels, a pair of socks, etc. She had one of the aides bring her wrapping paper and a ribbon and made this gift to me. It was beyond humbling. I had to go through admin. to keep it, as we couldn't accept gifts, but in this case, an exception was made so the lady would not feel like it was refused. Something so simple yet touched my heart deeply.

My unique one was so simple it amazed me. Was having a bad year and this one patient of mine knew about it. She somehow put together a lovely basket of little goodies for me she had spent 6 months collecting from her Bingo winnings at the nursing home. Little hand cream and shampoo sample bottles, a nick nack or two of angels, a pair of socks, etc. She had one of the aides bring her wrapping paper and a ribbon and made this gift to me. It was beyond humbling. I had to go through admin. to keep it, as we couldn't accept gifts, but in this case, an exception was made so the lady would not feel like it was refused. Something so simple yet touched my heart deeply.
She gave all she had. That would bring me to tears. A gift of love for sure

If unusual means dumb, I have received many over the years; battery operated items that I knew upon first glance would not have enough power to properly operate; tools that were flimsy; clothing that I knew that I would never wear ( except in and around the house or under other garments so as to not be seen).

Mrs C and I did receive an early Christmas gift this week that could be classified as unusual. We received a card from our daughter. We were expecting the card to be tickets to a concert or event that takes place before Christmas, thus the early present. Our daughter often gives us such things. No, the event takes place in 2018. Hmmm, we wondered, as we opened the envelope. Then we read " we are pregnant, baby due . . .

Our youngest, our baby is going to have a baby. So not so unusual in the total scope of things, but special to us.

If unusual means dumb, I have received many over the years; battery operated items that I knew upon first glance would not have enough power to properly operate; tools that were flimsy; clothing that I knew that I would never wear ( except in and around the house or under other garments so as to not be seen).

Mrs C and I did receive an early Christmas gift this week that could be classified as unusual. We received a card from our daughter. We were expecting the card to be tickets to a concert or event that takes place before Christmas, thus the early present. Our daughter often gives us such things. No the event takes place in 2018. Hmmm, we wondered, as we opened the envelope. Then we read " we are pregnant, baby due . . .

Our youngest, our baby is going to have a baby. So not so unusual in the total scope of things, but special to us.
CONGRATS, Grandpa! I know you have other grandchildren, but when the "baby" has a baby it's really special. :) Let us know when the new one arrives!

My Peoria son sent me a family picture Xmas card one year ...him, wife and grandson. Under the picture it said "Merry Christmas from the Four of us." That's how I found out my granddaughter was on her way.