What do you want to know about podcasting?

Okay, gentlemen, here's one for you. How much time do you spend prepping for each show? How does that time vary depending upon the guest or subject matter. For instance, if the guest has a book to hawk, do you try to read the entire book before doing the show, or just familiarize yourself enough to ask good questions?

Okay, gentlemen, here's one for you. How much time do you spend prepping for each show? How does that time vary depending upon the guest or subject matter. For instance, if the guest has a book to hawk, do you try to read the entire book before doing the show, or just familiarize yourself enough to ask good questions?
Lets start easy, i request authors dont send books, i have a few that still do tho... why you can get a pile of them. While I try to read them, and often get tho some of it, due the fact i am slow reader and the kids dont help, i rarely finish a book of a guest.
I spend anywhere from an hour to i have spend up to 10 on one guest.
And i have notes to guide me alot if i get lost, but i am always trying to fire my next question based off the answer of the last one to keep the topic moving.

So here is a point where our different styles show for sure.

Reactions: surge
bob you will have to pass that name along to me, so i can keep it off my list...

i have had some guests not show after comfirming but if they dont comfrim by 6 tuesday the spot is open...
Guests are our best asset, and can the worst nightmare.

Reactions: Debi
i dont haress them on air either, i want to share there story or beliefs... many of guest i havent agreed with.. even to a fault some people think cause i didnt jump them ment i agreed... no means i respect the process.

Reactions: Shadow
I know you get a count on how many downloads you get for each episode, but do you know how many times the episodes are streamed? For instance, I listened to the most recent Malliard Report via Roku streaming earlier today. Is that reflected in your numbers?

Reactions: Shadow