What did you think of "Dead Air"?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Seems like there are many differing opinions on Friday night's show. Some were rather disappointed with the show not being all open lines/ghost stories. Although Barbara is a lovely lady, some felt the EVP's should have been a show all it's own and not part of the Halloween show.

Everyone will have a different opinion, I'm sure. As Art says, you can't please everyone all the time. BUT, what are your thoughts on the show format Friday night?

Reactions: Laura and Mokey
I enjoyed the spooky voice of Art during the opening remarks. I enjoyed the callers and their ghost stories. I did not enjoy the "recordings of the ghosts voices" portion of the show. Perhaps a better phone connection of the guest would have helped. Art's over-enthusiastic comments after each EVP voice recording seemed too artificial as if he was trying to sell that part of the show. I have read some of the Facebook comments of listeners who thought that it was Art's best show ever. just Art and caller ghost stories are better in my opinion. Art is best, IMO, when he is one on one with callers. He shows his brilliance when he is patient with a nervous caller and extracts the story from them. Art is best when he asks those tough questions of a guest or a dubious caller. Just some of my opinions.

I enjoyed the spooky voice of Art during the opening remarks. I enjoyed the callers and their ghost stories. I did not enjoy the "recordings of the ghosts voices" portion of the show. Perhaps a better phone connection of the guest would have helped. Art's over-enthusiastic comments after each EVP voice recording seemed too artificial as if he was trying to sell that part of the show. I have read some of the Facebook comments of listeners who thought that it was Art's best show ever. just Art and caller ghost stories are better in my opinion. Art is best, IMO, when he is one on one with callers. He shows his brilliance when he is patient with a nervous caller and extracts the story from them. Art is best when he asks those tough questions of a guest or a dubious caller. Just some of my opinions.
Your statements very much reflect my own opinion, Christie. Good job expressing that.

I missed the old format of callers getting to tell their stories. Sure we got a few but they seemed rushed. Nothing against Barbara (except her 1960s phone line) but the evps should be a show on their own. Dead air. Yes, it kind of was.

That's what I was trying to say the other day. He is trying to convince us or himself that the material is better than it really is. You don't have to say something is classic or great if it truly is.

I did not like how the EVPs were the main focus. I became bored with the show quickly and was disappointed. I was definitely expecting something different or at least all ghost stories for Halloween.

I'm w/ Lynne. I liked both guest and callers. For me, callers are still Art's greatest gift and biggest bugaboo. Here is my thinking. Guys, string together too many drunks on bad phone lines without a point, and after the 2nd one, I'm switching to C2C. The idea of having a guest was a nice hedge on the Halloween bet. Plus, the Louisiana evp lady's material was creepy, very disturbing, and the stuff of my nightmares. Plus I liked her feedback or commentary on the caller's stories. I learned a cool insight that night. My words , not hers. 'Being an Earth-bound spirit is akin to being buried alive'. (I gotta trademark that line.);)