What Are Your Thoughts On Holy Water?

Grace

Reaction score
My Grandmother went to get some holy water, from the church that she goes to...
She has no idea whats going on, other than the fact that we are blessing our house and didn't hesitate to help. She did this before as well, and didn't know a thing. When my mother and I were in the car, I started to feel sick but I think it's because I haven't eaten lunch yet...when we went to visit, my mother tells me her friend had just passed away due to a heart attack...now...what's weird about this is that for the past week I have been thinking about my Grandmother, and death. I was feeling like someone was going to pass, and for some reason I thought it was her since she is of age, but it was actually her friend. I am wanting to bless the house now and get it over with, but another part of me wants to wait until we have someone that will assist us. I am not religious, but I was baptized Catholic. I have been using sage to clear off any negative energy, and lighting a guardian angel candle.

Im not sure God would hand the power over to many to bless water like that. Long story so I'll kep it short.. Anakin Skywalker was seduced by the Darkside. the moral of this being: If one so loyal can be turned who else then? I'm sure God is smarter than George Lucas.

I do believe it exists but not as plentiful as every Catholic church.

Reactions: Debi
When a Roman Catholic priest does anything - from Baptismal, Confirmation, to Marriage and the Last Rights, or Blessing our table or hearing our confession - he is man standing 'Ex Cathedra'. meaning he stands in the place of his Bishop and stands in the place of Christ. It's a linguistic error to say anything other.
As for bad priests, those vows, baptisms, blessings, and yes blessing Holy Water still stand. They are still as strong as He left them. Christ does that, a man stands in and replicates what Jesus did on Earth.

Reactions: Debi
I believe in blessed water. Intent and faith are the activators I believe.

I believe in blessed water. Intent and faith are the activators I believe.
Faith is a must. At least for holy water, youre supposed to invoke the name of the Christ. And its just like any book or talisman like a rosary, without faith they are like power tools you dont know how to operate.

Personally i use salt i blessed myself. A little prayer taken from the key of solomon.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne