What advice...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
REMEMBER! YOU'RE 6!

26166951_10155183248831512_5550191333944274670_n (Small).jpg

That wasn't a trick. That really was the end of Blake's 7 and that really did happen!
You know how they're saying that the next Star Wars won't be for six years? It's going to be a LOT longer than that.
Long before that happens you're going to think you are really unpopular and worry that you don't know how to act around girls. I know and you know how silly that sounds and both of us are right. Also, if you have half a dozen friends you are not unpopular, so enjoy it!
Your parents may not get you an At-At any time soon and when it comes along you won't get Optimus Prime either, but I now know that other kids envied the toys you are going to get and thinking back they were really awesome.

What I'm saying is that life isn't perfect but you worry too much. Relax!

Be prepared for love - it isn't always easy and it isn't always fair or equal. Dish out a little less hurt to others but guard yourself against those who would try to hurt you.

(In a sealed envelope to be opened in June 1988*) "She knows how you feel, you dope! Just talk to her and don't leave it to the last day because she'll be off sick. If you don't exchange phone numbers right now you'll never have her leaning over your shoulder as you play chess and saying "Great minds think alike" again! And tell her from me that you'll be 5'11'', so her concerns about having short children are groundless and you were right."

*when i was 11

Don't be so hard on Ricky ( one of my good friends growing up, still a friend today). Yes he s a sore loser, but his home life is not as comforting as yours. It's just a phase he is going through. You will remain friends for a long time.

My six year old self may not fully understand this advice.