What’s your opinion on the Mandela effect?

I just heard about the Mandela effect a couple of years back. What I found strange about it was that I actually remember when he was released, so I know that he didn't die in the 90's. Anyhow, after hearing about it, what I've chalked it up to is that with the advent of the internet and all, just as it is easy to access information, it is just as easy to access misinformation. That, and possibly someone is confusing him with someone else.

I just heard about the Mandela effect a couple of years back. What I found strange about it was that I actually remember when he was released, so I know that he didn't die in the 90's. Anyhow, after hearing about it, what I've chalked it up to is that with the advent of the internet and all, just as it is easy to access information, it is just as easy to access misinformation. That, and possibly someone is confusing him with someone else.
For those that are effected by this phenomenon , we remember both the death and the later release of him from prison. That’s how we know something is wrong. I tell you I remember his death on the news, along with many other examples.