We are all connected

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Humans are 'all connected by special WI-FI in our brains'

Humans are 'all connected by special WI-FI in our brains'
DO you ever wonder why you are often on the same wavelength as another person?

Well it turns out that could be because human brains are all interconnected.

Scientists claim people have a type of “wi-fi” which lets them pick up more information about others than we are aware of.

They believe that as well as using language, the brain also picks up tiny micro-signals that let it know what someone is thinking.

It explains how people sometimes have a “gut feeling” about something without being able to explain why.

Professor Digby Tantam of the University of Sheffield has been researching into how people communicate an published his findings in a new book – The Interbrain.

According to the Sunday Telegraph he said: “We can know directly about other people’s emotions and what they are paying attention to.

“It is based on the direct connection between our brains and other people’s and between their brain and ours.

“I call this the interbrain.”

He also says that people are drawn together at football matches, concerts and religious ceremonies because of the so-called interbrain.

Prof Tantam added: “Being in crowd mode may also make us experience what it would be like to transcend out perspective, our time, our place and our capacity, to feel for a moment, like a driving being.”

But he does say this special way of communicating needs to be done in person.

He said: “Emotional contagion occurs at the speed of light, not the speed of electronic transmission.

“Face-to-face visual input is accompanied by sound, by gesture, by the smell of sweat, by the possibility of touch, and by a connect.”

It is generally accepted that our brain's neural pathways operate electro-chemically.

Based on that fact, I could accept findings that might show that those electrical charges are often strong enough to extend beyond our own brain and skull even to the point of reaching out far enough to intersect with other nearby peoples' brains.

If that could be true, then it could make sense to me too that those other peoples' brains might detect and interpret the electrical "signals".

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
It is generally accepted that our brain's neural pathways operate electro-chemically.

Based on that fact, I could accept findings that might show that those electrical charges are often strong enough to extend beyond our own brain and skull even to the point of reaching out far enough to intersect with other nearby peoples' brains.

If that could be true, then it could make sense to me too that those other peoples' brains might detect and interpret the electrical "signals".
This can explain your telepathy Wands. Your receiver is just really fine tuned :D

This can explain your telepathy Wands. Your receiver is just really fine tuned :D

Good point actually Lynne. Someone would have to generate a pretty long / large electrical field for me to pick up some of those thoughts cause I'm not always standing at arms length. So this could be a plausible explanation for telepathy.

(Or maybe I just keep placing my head right up next to other peoples' heads to see if I can hear the sound of morse code coming out of their ears. :p)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
“Face-to-face visual input is accompanied by sound, by gesture, by the smell of sweat, by the possibility of touch, and by a connect.”
I'm not sure about the wifi part, but this last paragraph is what most people use to help them "read" a person's mind or should I say it augments what the other person is saying out loud.

I'm not sure about the wifi part, but this last paragraph is what most people use to help them "read" a person's mind or should I say it augments what the other person is saying out loud.

Sorry 7, but you will never be able to read me by my sweat. I wear extra man-sized pumps of parfumee to mask all my secret smells. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
It may be when we are up close we pick up on the nonverbal signals. Our brain is trained to gain info in a lot of ways. We may be reading expressions and body language.

I love a good colone on a man :D

Lynne, you should imagine me with the cloud of dust that follows Pigpen, the Peanuts character, around.

In fact, you know how some Muggles have the erroneous belief that when real world magick happens, it is supposed to be accompanied with an aura of sparkles and chimes. Well, anyone lighting a match near this here over perfumed mystic will most certainly see that anticipated explosive spray of twinkles...along with some spraying of tinkles too.