News Washington State University says "Not so fast, Prof"!

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...ty-ban-syllabus-male-female-Breikss-professor

In response to a gender-studies professor who wanted to punish her students for referring to men and women as “male” and “female,” Washington State University has announced that it will not allow faculty to ban potentially “offensive” words or punish students for using them.

In a section of the syllabus for her “Women & Popular Culture” course, Professor Selena Lester Breikss warned that the “use of racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, classist or generally offensive language in class or submission of such material will not be tolerated” — and clarified that “this includes [phrases such as] ‘The Man’” and “referring to women/men as females or males.”

“If I see it or hear it, I will correct it in class since it can be a learning moment for many students,” she said in the syllabus.

MORE AT SITE

Reactions: Mokey and Debi
unreal......... I am offended that i have to adjust my vocabulary because 2 % of the population are a birth defect. Male and female........the old ways are better.

Reactions: surge
unreal......... I am offended that i have to adjust my vocabulary because 2 % of the population are a birth defect. Male and female........the old ways are better.
I like having only two. It makes things much easier to figure out.

Reactions: sal
When I fill out forms and it asks my gender do I have to put x's by both? Call me old fashioned, but I believe there are big enough differences in the sexes to qualify using the term male or female.

Reactions: sal and surge