voices in our heads

jadamz

the Countess
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Talking to ourselves and voices in our heads

As far as our brain is concerned, talking to ourselves in our heads may be fundamentally the same as speaking our thoughts out loud, new research shows. The findings may have important implications for understanding why people with mental illnesses such as schizophrenia hear voices.

I have this running dialogue with myself all the time. There are times I think I'm being very chatty at home and the hubs will ask me "Why are you so quiet?" I occasionally have to be reminded to talk outloud. :) Now here or on the phone? Different story! lol

I have this running dialogue with myself all the time. There are times I think I'm being very chatty at home and the hubs will ask me "Why are you so quiet?" I occasionally have to be reminded to talk outloud. :) Now here or on the phone? Different story! lol
I can picture this.

Reactions: Debi
I always have conversations with myself, and answer myself as well:eek:. Usually it is not verbal, but sometimes it is.
I've been caught babbling out loud to myself...lol I always get the "Are you talking to me or yourself again?" question from family. :) They seem to be used ot it.

I talk to myself all the time. I understand its okay as long as I don't get answers from myself. :)

Actually you’re quite safe and sane 7... unless the responses you hear in your head have a different voice. :screamcat:

Reactions: 7Critter