Tremors is coming back!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
If you're a fan of 1990's cult classic creature feature Tremors, then you're going to dig this news.

That's right Graboid worm worshippers, Tremors has been ordered to pilot by SYFY, from Universal Cable Productions and Blumhouse Television, with Andrew Miller (The Secret Circle) attached as showrunner and exec producer. Of course, what's Perfection, Nevada without Kevin Bacon's heroic handyman, Valentine McKee? Fortunately, we won't have to find out (again), as Bacon is returning to the role for the potential TV series, while also exec producing.

“This is the only character I've played that I've ever thought about revisiting. I just got to thinking, where would this guy end up after 25 years?” says Bacon in the press release.

That’s saying something too, as Bacon has played so many different and interesting characters as to have inspired that whole “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon” thing. And I can personally think of at least five Bacon characters off the top of my head that I’d like to reacquaint myself with in present day, perhaps starting with McKee, though Quicksilver’s Jack Casey would be a close second.

Obviously, Bacon’s not the only one who’s been wondering about McKee’s fate, all these years later, as fans will soon get to see McKee back in all his Graboid fighting glory. Although to beat those pesky murderous worms again, “he’ll have to overcome age, alcohol, and a delusional hero complex.”

Tremors has already inspired four direct-to-video sequels and a 2003 TV series, but this is the first time Bacon has been attached to the franchise since the original. And Blumhouse's involvement is also quite intriguing. So, what do you think? Are you excited for a proper Tremors reboot?

SYFY officially digs into Tremors pilot starring Kevin Bacon