News Tonight's news is sponsored by Xenu...

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ywood-50-million-studio-bigger-Paramount.html

The Church of Scientology is starting a TV news network being dubbed 'Scientology's CNN' in a brand new $50 million Hollywood studio.

And it's being built by being built by 50-cent an hour workers, claim former Scientologists familiar with the project.

While all the buzz last week was that Scientology's biggest star was leaving the church, Daily Mail Online can reveal that nothing could be further from the truth.

Scientology and Tom Cruise plan to take on the major movie studios and the TV networks and cable stations with the creation of Scientology Media Productions on Sunset Boulevard in the heart of Hollywood.

The new studio will also be used to make 'propaganda' movies to recruit more followers while Cruise himself is set to film his Hollywood blockbusters at the glittering base, which has facilities that are set to rival Paramount studios.

I guess this is how they plan to combat all the bad press they've gotten in recent years. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Debi
When a "church" can afford to put out this much money, it's no longer a "church"...it's a business. Applies across the board, IMO.

And Tom Cruise is so "yesterday"! lol Still ticked he got cast as Jack Reacher....ruined the whole concept!

Reactions: surge
Still ticked he got cast as Jack Reacher....ruined the whole concept!
I was looking forward to that, too, but he sure did a proper job of mucking it up! We tried watching Eve of Destruction not long ago, and couldn't get more than twenty minutes in. Cruise is the same character in every movie he's in! The only difference if costume and dialogue!

I was looking forward to that, too, but he sure did a proper job of mucking it up! We tried watching Eve of Destruction not long ago, and couldn't get more than twenty minutes in. Cruise is the same character in every movie he's in! The only difference if costume and dialogue!
The whole idea of Reacher is he's BIG and intimidating! So they cast little 5'6" Cruise in the role. :rolleyes: And you're right...same character every time.

If he's their leading man for the new studio, they're doomed from the get go.

Reactions: surge
The whole idea of Reacher is he's BIG and intimidating! So they cast little 5'6" Cruise in the role. :rolleyes: And you're right...same character every time.

If he's their leading man for the new studio, they're doomed from the get go.
Well, they do things like that with so many movies which are book adaptations that I expect it. Should I rattle off all the things that have been changed with the superhero properties?. :p People who haven't read the books won't know any better, and the movies are made for the masses. I agree that a larger actor should have been used, though, but Cruise still ruined the part with his "acting".