Thunderbird Sightings In Alaska?

Timothy Ochoa

Reaction score
Alaska Thunderbird Sighted

“Attn; I was just driving by the movie theater in the Valley and there was a huge black bird flying above the road. The wingspan had to be at-least 20 feet, it was almost as wide as the road. I have lived here all my life and have never seen anything like that, it freaked me out. It was not a raven or an eagle. This isn’t a joke. This thing was HUGE, almost the size of a small airplane. Did anyone else see it?” ...

"I slowed down to try to get a better look at it. It was heading toward the glacier, the wingspan was almost as wide as the road,” Bauer said, adding, “It was the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. It was very concerning. I’ve never seen anything like that..."

more can be read in the link provided.

Reactions: Debi
I’ve read a lot of reports of giant birds in the last few years.

Reactions: Timothy Ochoa

“Attn; I was just driving by the movie theater in the Valley and there was a huge black bird flying above the road. The wingspan had to be at-least 20 feet, it was almost as wide as the road. I have lived here all my life and have never seen anything like that, it freaked me out. It was not a raven or an eagle. This isn’t a joke. This thing was HUGE, almost the size of a small airplane. Did anyone else see it?” ...

"I slowed down to try to get a better look at it. It was heading toward the glacier, the wingspan was almost as wide as the road,” Bauer said, adding, “It was the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. It was very concerning. I’ve never seen anything like that..."

Good find Tim

Reactions: Timothy Ochoa

Gaint bird sightings are pretty common.
I'm going to play a bit of devil's advocate here, however.

Humans are pretty bad at guessing size, and even worse when moving at speed.
Albatrosses are not uncommon in Alaska, and Large Ravens get pretty big also.
Albatrosses can have wings that are 11-12ft wide.

This is not me saying it wasn't something strange, just me saying I've seen people say a Raven with a 5ft wingspan was 12ft.