This date...

Like others, I remember the day our governor shut everything down more than 11 March. I think that was 15 March. What I remember most was taking my daily walk around a large mall and surrounding shops/restaurants and finding everything closed. Only businesses open in the immediate area were gas stations (pay at the pump only) and fast food drive thrus. There were a limited number of cars on the road, but it was eerie. The feel was similar to post-apocalyptic movies.
My yards are looking better because of the lock down in 2020, it lasted longer in our state than most. I got up at 5:30 to go to Home Depot every saturday morning at 6:00 to get mulch, garden soil, etc. and then I worked in the yards all day saturday and 4 to 6 hours on sunday for 6 weeks. It was a break for me in that respect. I read that some states kept the garden centers and stores like Home Depot closed for weeks. I am glad that they were open in my area. I would stop on my way home from Home Depot and wait for the grocery store to open at 7:00, if things came in they would be stocked that early in the morning. It was so weird, though, my sister and I started a joke. I called her and asked "do you have any toilet paper?" And we would laugh. She would call me the next week and say the same thing. I think I enjoyed having time to myself. I worked 40 or more hours a week remotely because I have been working remotely since 2016. My job didn't change. Now, I have my 88 year old aunt living with me and I have friends I meet for lunch on the weekend. Not as much time to work in the yards, though the work isn't as hard now that I had 2020 to do nothing else in my spare time.

Reactions: garnetsilver