The question:

Let management know. Unless it’s bread. If they’re stealing bread it’s because they’re hungry.
I hesitate to tell this story for a few different reasons, but here goes. I stopped at the store one time and I was really rushed. On the way in a guy who looked domicile-challenged came up to me and asked me if I would get him some bread. I went in and grabbed a few items and bread for the man. I then thought well, he would surely appreciate some peanut butter to go with it. So, I go outside, and hand him the bag. He opens it and sees the bread and peanut butter and looks up at me and says, where's the jam? :confused: Part of me wanted to take back the bread and peanut butter if he didn't like what I had done for him, the other part of me thought well yeah, I guess I could have gotten jam, but I thought I was doing good with the peanut butter! I said I was sorry, but that I was really in a hurry, and left.

What are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: Paintman
I hesitate to tell this story for a few different reasons, but here goes. I stopped at the store one time and I was really rushed. On the way in a guy who looked domicile-challenged came up to me and asked me if I would get him some bread. I went in and grabbed a few items and bread for the man. I then thought well, he would surely appreciate some peanut butter to go with it. So, I go outside, and hand him the bag. He opens it and sees the bread and peanut butter and looks up at me and says, where's the jam? :confused: Part of me wanted to take back the bread and peanut butter if he didn't like what I had done for him, the other part of me thought well yeah, I guess I could have gotten jam, but I thought I was doing good with the peanut butter! I said I was sorry, but that I was really in a hurry, and left.

What are your thoughts on this?
Nice of Sea, you didn’t walk away. I figure generous caring people do get used a lot. However it’s worth the risk to help the one that really needed it.

Last edited:
Sea, you did good and I don't think you owe them a jar of jam. Lots of homeless people lack social skills and social awareness.

Reactions: Seahunter and Lynne