The power in a name.

I get a bit twitchy about calling out names I'm not sure who or what I'm calling...but I watch a lot of demon killing tv

its not so much the power in the name as it is the intent of who calls the name,
as with anything in the mystic realm, focus is key. sure, ppl can have a deja vu or some other psychic experiance and think they are all powerful...lol. but that is what gets ppl in trouble. thats why guidance and training is important. knowing as much as possible how this works is all important. (not referring to you in particular) but anyways, just saying ppl can say the name and not feel anything because their intent was not the same as yours when you call it out.
impressive response!So well expressed,Paul

Reactions: Lynne
So very true, Paul. Intention is the basis for it all. I had zero intention behind saying the names and even a small shield...just in case.
Wee bit skeptical Debi? Most of us understand the critical influence of personal intent in manifesting. But, I think you too know that there are things out there waiting to be called on. Shields was a good call.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Your name is intimately attached to you. Giving it to people is a sign of trust or a sign of either a lot of faith in your abilities to defend yourself or the lack of knowledge about what can be done if someone has evil intentions. Very few people that I know actually know my entire name until we are past a casual sort of friendship.

Many in my family have two or three "middle" names. That used to be pretty common in a lot of areas. My wife's father had three familiar names before his family name. I hate my first name and it was my Grandfather's first name. He didn't use it either.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Your name is intimately attached to you. Giving it to people is a sign of trust or a sign of either a lot of faith in your abilities to defend yourself or the lack of knowledge about what can be done if someone has evil intentions. Very few people that I know actually know my entire name until we are past a casual sort of friendship.

Many in my family have two or three "middle" names. That used to be pretty common in a lot of areas. My wife's father had three familiar names before his family name. I hate my first name and it was my Grandfather's first name. He didn't use it either.
Same same here TD.