The Olympics

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
THE OLYMPICS BEGIN THIS MONTH. FIRST, WILL YOU WATCH?

SECOND, DO YOU HAVE FAVORITE EVENTS? Snowboarding? Skiing? Ice skating?

th

You betcha ! The opening ceremonies with all the pomp & circumstance :) Figure skating. A little bit of whatever is on.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Never watched the Winter Olympics so not too familiar with the events they will have, but keen to give it a try.

Reactions: Paintman
You betcha ! The opening ceremonies with all the pomp & circumstance :) Figure skating. A little bit of whatever is on.
Me too. I love the pairs ice skating

THE OLYMPICS BEGIN THIS MONTH. FIRST, WILL YOU WATCH?

SECOND, DO YOU HAVE FAVORITE EVENTS? Snowboarding? Skiing? Ice skating?

th

Oh yeah....I'll be checking in from time to time. Though I admit that I'm way more of a Summer Olympics guy. As far as my favorite events to watch, I like hockey, ski jumping, bobsled....go Jamaica! LOL...slalom skiing....and speed skating. I dislike the snowboarding simply because its a made up bullshit sport by Americans. All true old school skiers detest snowboarding. Its a sport for hip hop Red Bull guzzling Gen Xers who couldn't learn to ski. Which by the way has a learning curve that's twice as long. America lobbied and threatened like hell to get that faux sport entered into the Olympics. The other countries fought it like crazy before the IOC approved it. USA knew back then we were the only country where it was popular and so we would have a chance to finally win a winter sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
Ink I got to agree with you on that one for the same reason they took wrestling out of the Olympics:mad:. Now I love golf and I'm happy that it is in Olympic experimental sport. But let's actually have amateurs playing. If I want to watch the USA versus the world, we already have the Ryder Cup.
FYI, we keep swear words to a bare minimum because there are some youngsters here, and a few more sensitive participants. :)
Welcome aboard.:)

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne