The Last Picture Show

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
When was the last time you went to see a movie in a movie theater? What was the movie? Did COVID change your movie watching habits?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: garnetsilver
The last and best movie viewed in a movie theater was "Avatar" in 3-D. And yes, Covid might have played a role in theater viewing, but mostly it is more comfortable to make your own popcorn, take as many bathroom breaks as you want without missing something in the movie, and not having have people talking in the row behind yours.

2015, the force awakens, midnight premiere.... went mainly for the nostalgia and it was almost like a sci-fi con type setting.... people dressed up, photos, was cool. unless its something super cool and fun i would rather just watch movies at home. as Garnet said, just so much more conveniant.....

2019, saw "1917." Really hasn't been anything we've wanted to see since COVID restrictions were lifted.

There were two "second run" theaters locally, but neither reopened after COVID. They were great deals, you could see a movie for $3.50 ($2.00 day matinees) if you were willing to wait 2-4 weeks after release.

We go to the movies quite often but at the moment I can't remember what the last movie was. Covid kept us out of the cinema for a couple years. We have gone back though. I was just thinking it's been a while. We have of late gotten streaming tv and now have access to a lot of movies. During the winter it is easy just to stay in when it gets dark out so early.