The Graduate

I was 17 when I graduated high school, and at that age, I still didn't know much about real life. I remember thinking that a big chunk of my life was over. I was happy to graduate, I was sad a bit knowing that I would never see many of my high school class mates again. We didn't have email and all the ways to stay in touch as we do today. Like today, I had many acquaintances, but only a few friends. It wasn't until my 20th high school re-union that I would see some of my class mate acquaintances and friends.

Don't trust whitey, know the difference between shit & shinolla,......
220px-The_Jerk.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
My advice would be to FORGET about High School going forward, and FOCUS on the future. As Lynne said, "get on with real life." I have seen far too many people obsess about the "glory high school days", and not really accomplish much afterwards.

Agreed. It’s the same thing with clubs like scouts, cadets, JROTC,etc.

In cadets I’ve seen decorated members turn into homeless drug addicts. Because the honour from your youth doesn’t translate to real life.

I've also heard of examples like that from my high school (though it could be for any level of education or anything else for that matter). Instead of being content on an achievement at a certain level, they could use it as motivation to achieve more later on in life.

Now as to what I remember from my graduation...I guess some parts of certain speeches, but that's about it. The advice I would give to someone graduating would be this is only the beginning. Be ready to work harder going forward. The cramming that's worked until now may not be enough going forward.

We don't have a graduation ceremony here. For me it was just walking out of the school gate after the final exams then off to college after the summer holidays.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
I have to respectfully disagree. I didn't throw all those pitches for nothing.;)

Reactions: Lynne
Best part of my high school graduation was knowing I don't have to see the swines from my grade and grades below me anymore. Honestly like 90% of the people that came out of my school per grade were just hateful.

Reactions: Lynne