The Future of Midnight in the Desert and Dark Matter Radio Network

I am personally acquainted with two startups, 15 years ago with VERY well compensated (in previous positions AND well respected in their field) individuals.
They were VERY receptive to advice offered...from all...they truly accepted and utilized much of what was offered "no strings attached"...they said "no thanks" to offers with "strings attached" or what they felt had "undesirable motives".
They even implemented one from a "so called nut" from their former work.
Anyway....5 years after forming their companies....
They have NEVER looked back...
multi-millionaires doing WHAT THEY LOVE...not "work".

Keith knew going in it was a risk. A big one. The fault of this comes right back to Art's lap, IMO. He's been in the business a long time. You kinda nailed it with the my way or the highway part there. And he was getting some negative but honest feedback, which he addressed in his last show.

YUP

Reactions: Debi
Yes and it cuts out being dependent on other todo your show.

And it is often done via Skype which adds another layer of issues.

Right clean and independent.

My point is that I want to encourage the fans to activate and become inter-dependent with the talent, rather than just being spectators to and of the talent,

The fans have come a long way towards doing just that, but the fans have utterly failed to avail themselves of the unique window of opportunity that opened up in 2010 to seize back (from the very same spectrum-hog monopolies Art Bell and Keith were trying to bypass) the ordinary citizen's right to genuine citizen-fan's ownership of the free-to air radio spectrum opportunities .

It is a tragedy that the public simply fails to understand this wonderful opportunity to create and then perpetually access their own citizen owned free-to air/ perpetual spectrum access/ownership freedom to completely bypass the high cost monopolistic stingy dollars for stingy monopoly controlled maximum dollars for minimal gigabytes data-plans.

The fans/citizens/public have permitted the monopolies to convince them that they are powerless to bypass the Broadcast syndicates and just accept the high cost Big Cell-Co and Data monopolies spectrum grabs.

Data usage and social media are reaping billions for the spectrum-hog monopolies.

When the citizen's owned data/Internet window slams shut (very soon) when the last remaining spectrum is finally gobbled up by Big Telco/Big Cellco/ Big Broadcast radio spectrum monopolies; THEN the spectrum-hog monopolies will be reaping trillions per year from the social-media fan/serfs who utterly failed to seize this rare opportunity offered to them by the FCC, and willingly failed to bother to create and own their own free-to-air/free-to-Internet networks when they had the golden opportunity to actually do so.

Then social media will realize too late, and to their horror, that they willingly paid the Big Telco/Big Celco/ Big Broadcast radio spectrum monopolies to permanently enslave them to overpriced data plans.

By then Skype will likely cost several bucks and hour and not be a viable free-to-air radio communications solution

With Best Regards,

PlasmonPolariton

Libertalien From the Pleiades Star Cluster

Smaller Government- - -
With an Ever Expanding Universe of Freedoms - - -
for all Peaceful Sentient Beings

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
I will say I have been a huge Keith Rowland fan long before Art came back. I have the utmost respect for him and how he has developed the network. He has taken the time to reply to my e-mails regarding programming and seems to work 24/7 on making DMDN successful.
That being said, the network still has awesome programs!........except for that one where the 2 guys think they are going to be TV superstars:p

Keith is a good guy.
I've had the pleasure of knowing him since the late 90's and we've had our ups and downs over the years but at the end of the day I can say that I like and Respect Keith.

I can't say the same about Art.
What Art did professionally in the early years will always be respected but he left too many bridges burned.

Reactions: 7Critter