THE CHRISTMAS THREAD

The Mythical Creatures of Christmas

Around the world, different cultures have different Christmas Eve traditions. Here are some characters or creatures that may visit those children who are naughty or nice!

Krampus, a pooping figurine, and roller skating are just a few holiday traditions around the world

As the holidays approach, millions of people around the world will participate in their own holiday traditions. Instead of hanging stockings on the mantle or drinking eggnog around a fire watching holiday movies, there are other whacky traditions that people in different cultures partake in.

From caroling with dead horses to the Austria Krampus festival, there are many ways to people celebrate the holidays without an Elf on a Shelf.
Wacky, indeed. It's cool reading what others around the world are doing this time of the year.

Reactions: Debi
The Weirdest Christmas Candy You Never Knew Existed

When you think of Christmas candy, your mind probably conjures visions of sugar plums, or candy canes, or peppermint bark.
But there are a bunch of Christmas-themed candies that you probably have never heard of — and with good reason — because they center around such non-Christmassy themes as wasabi and farts.
Ha ! Who knew that such candies exits. I'll have the reindeer poop, please.

So, Jingle Bells is an 1840's Beach Boys song about teenage boys impressing teenage girls in sleigh races ?

Weird Christmas

Odd yet compelling Christmas cards

There were some disturbing images in there and yet some pretty ones too. Though I really like the card with the Santa bust, I think the one with the dog running off with the Christmas goose is “nostalgic” too. I mean, who doesnt hope for that to happen every holiday season...year after year...nostalgia I tell you.