The Best or Worst of....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
YARD SALES! Rummage sales, garage sales, whatever you want to call buying someone else's stuff!

WHAT IS THE BEST, AND WORST, OF WHAT YOU'VE FOUND OUT THERE? Do you still stop and shop at them?

upload_2017-6-12_13-32-36.jpeg

Best deal I've ever found? A lovely picture someone did of an angel. It's in black and gold and rather unique. I've loved the crazy thing for years now and it's on my mantle.

Worst? My mom was the Rummage Queen. She used to send boxes to me via UPS of "stuff" she'd found for me and the kids. The kids dreaded those boxes! lol Maybe because Grandma thought used underwear was a good find! :eek:

Reactions: Paintman
Recently a neighbor was in dire straits, and asked me to take anything out of her boathouse/workshop. She was closing the house in two days, had a husband in hospice, and just wanted to see the moving truck go. So I had what was left. Plus I cleaned up the junk & mess. No $ exchanged.
I doubled my tools. Have Lake Michigan worthy fishing gear. Cool yard knicknacks, bird houses, feeders, ceramic bunnies, flower pots. A genuine golf ball washer on a post - like at every tee! Golf stuff. Cabinets, storage bins....Newish computer printer. Nuts, bolts, nails, and screws were a small fortune.
Retail, $5000 for 11 hours of work. Coolest part, my workshop does NOT look cluttered. Everything is in labeled containers in hanging cabinets.Tidy as a pin.
Sadly, no used underwear:(.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
The worst thing about such sales in South Africa is that a lot of the stuff up for sale is most likely something that was stolen from you a while earlier....I wish I could say I was joking

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I don't go, but the Mrs goes from time to time. The last one was at a church / preschool where she purchased some toddler clothes and toys. Note:. Technically I went to this event. I was the transportation, shipper and handler.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi